A year ago yesterday, Ryan had proposed to me. Now, here we are, a year later.. and we've already been married for 7 1/2 months! As a way to celebrate, we decided to drive back out yesterday to the place where he had proposed. :) We hadn't driven back there since, and I was looking forward to getting pictures of everything that I've only had mental pictures of from that day. The drive was so nice and relaxing.. we drove with the windows down, and the weather was beautiful! I've got to say, though, it looked a lot different! Someone bought the field where he had proposed, and a house is being built there. Thankfully, the tree he proposed beneath is still there.
The road we took to get there.. isn't it pretty?
Our tree (on the left) that Ryan proposed beneath..
There are 15 pictures, total, and more of the story, on that page. :) Afterwards, we stopped by an old-fashioned ice cream parlor, which did, in fact, make me sick, but ohhhh, was it worth it!
The rest of our weekend was very nice. We drove up to PA after work on Friday, and had a nice time at the wedding on Saturday. Of course, I remembered to bring my camera, but I left it in my suitcase! It wasn't a very traditional wedding, but most second marriages don't seem to be as traditional anyway. Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun, though, and it was more of a celebration than anything. Isn't that what counts? :) Plus, my Mother-in-law made the cake.. and can I say that it was delicious?? Yum!
Grandma S. collects dolls, and has collected them for years and years.. she has, oh, about a hundred of them or so. She has decided that she wants to start selling them, surprisingly, and I offered to eBay them if she'd like me to. :) In any event, she offered to let me pick one out, which really blew me away. The one I picked is just lovely, though, and I hope that Ryan and I someday have a daughter that I can pass it down to..
Well, today marks the day when I start sending out my resume! If you think of it, please pray for my job search, and that God will show me where He wants me to be come mid-September! I'm trusting that He will show me where I need to be, as He did with this job. :) He is absolutely faithful!
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend, and I hope that you all have a great day! :)
Ryan definitely picked a pretty place to propose! :) Hard to believe it's been a year, isn't it? We're coming up on our one year anniversary of being engaged, too, and I cannot believe how it's flown by. I'm actually hoping to go back to the same spot on the beach where Joel proposed to do a few shots for our Save The Dates... I just think that would be so cool, and I'm happy to see someone else has gone back to "their spot" too!
Good luck with the job search... EVERYTHING will work out in the end, just have faith!