Monday, July 03, 2006

Weekend Ramblings-

What a weekend! Even though it was nice and long, I'd still rather be home today. Our weekend was very nice... relaxing, and enjoyable, for the most part. I'll be honest.. it's not exactly easy to have to do everything around the house, take care of the dog on my own, and tend to my recovering hubby. But I can't complain for one second, because I know that I'm blessed.. I have a beautiful apartment to take care of, a sweet little dog, and a husband to care for. Those are blessings!

My thoughts are a bit all over the place this morning, so bear with me here.

This weekend..
  • We polished off an entire watermelon
  • We were able to watch a whole fireworks show from our deck
  • We went to the pool twice
  • I finally finished a 578 page book I started last weekend
  • We read 5 magazines between the two of us
  • We were ready to murder our dog (but didn't)
  • I took lots of pictures
  • We had lots of family time

I never use them, but I like these bullet points. They allow me to be random. What else?

  • We really love fresh fruit in the summer, and watermelon is easily Ryan's favorite. After picking two watermelons in the past week, I've found that my Mother-in-law's advice on how to pick a good one is right on the money! They've seriously been two of the best we've ever had.
  • This morning, stopped at a traffic light, I looked over and saw a guy in a green firebird that looked exactly like Chris from American Idol. He smiled at me, and the resemblance was a bit freaky!
  • My hubby isn't able to drive yet, obviously, because of his knee, so his coworker drove him into work this morning. He's thinking of making an executive decision to close the office a bit early, 4-ish, in honor of tomorrow's holiday. I hope he does, because then I'd have my hubby home EARLY tonight!
  • Speaking of tomorrow, I uploaded a song, "American Child" by Phil Vassar in honor of our independence day. Unlike the Natalie Maines of America, I believe that patriotism is a part of why our nation is so great.
  • Last time I uploaded a song, Kenny Chesney's "On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful," my journal started acting very screwy, and wouldn't show my entries. If it does that again, I'll have to take the music down yet again. We'll see how it goes. If I do take it down, and you still would like to hear/save it, here is the link. PLEASE right-click that link, and "save as," or it'll slow everything down.
Lastly, I have some pictures from the weekend.. enjoy. :)

Ryan & I, after he stopped using his crutches

Our super cute pup!

Can you tell he REALLY loves mulch?

Love.

For all of you that are working today, I hope it's a GREAT Monday for ya, and I hope it goes quickly. :) Hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July!!



7:43 AM

Comments:
Awe...Tucker is getting so big!!! He is too adorable!! I lost Tai this weekend for a good 3 hours. She is back now but my cat is gone...yes I had a long weekend too!

I love the pics and I'm glad Ryan is doing well!! Have a great day!
 
Click was REALLY good. I cried in the end.
 
Tucker is so cute! :-D I LOVE that last pic of him! Sounds like you had a fab weekend! We had a similar weekend. Yesterday we were both off so after church and gorcery shopping, we played playstation for about 2 hours, watched movies, and cooked dinner together! I miss hanging out with Shaun but that makes days like yesterday all the more special!

How awesome that Ryan can make those decisions! (Of course, I would make that decision everyday! hehe)

Have a great monday hun! Love ya!
 
Oh and BTW- Yes, I have lost weight! And it makes me feel even more awesome that someone noticed! Thanks sweetie! Youve made my day!
 
And ... (lol sorry!) This song is fantastic! Great pick!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers