Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Trendy -

I'm kinda dragging this morning. :) I'm not sure why, really.. got about 7 hours of sleep, which is pretty typical lately. The hubby and I were getting ready this morning, and he looks over at me, and says, "You really look tired.. you look like you could fall asleep any minute." Great way to start the morning, isn't it? :)

Ah well, I'm thrilled it's Wednesday already! I've been so busy at work this week, with 4 accounting people visiting from the San Francisco office, that it really has just flown by!

I did manage to meet my goal, and get my resume updated before today. :) I worked on it last night while Ryan was at physical therapy. I thought I'd just need to add my current job to it, and it'd be done, but... I ended up completely making it over. I had to edit some things out, because I really doubt the next company I end up joining will be interested in the fact that I belonged to my college's equestrian team, or that I was Volunteer of the Year in '97. Now I just need to have my Mom look it over first before I start sending it out, because she is the Resume QUEEN!

I don't believe I mentioned the fact that Ryan and I went and got hair cuts together on Saturday. He hates when his hair gets long, because you can tell that it's curly. :) I love when it's curly, but he's the one who has to deal with it. Meanwhile, I was losing my battle with the split ends, and NEEDED a trim. I asked the lady to take off an inch, and... well, by the time she had finished, she had taken about 3.

Before (July 4th)

After (taken this morning)


I actually really like it! It was hard to get my long, long hair to look "polished," but now I'm liking it. It's still considered long, but not as long. I'm also doing the side part now rather than my usual messy part, and I'm liking it for now.

Apparently, there's a trend with women where we'll supposedly get our hair drastically cut before or after a significant change in our life. (like, say, getting married, or after a bad break-up, etc) I bucked this trend, and actually let my hair get significantly longer after we got married. But then I thought back, and I've actually done that before. Before I went off to college, I got about 6 inches cut off!! What about you all? Ever contributed to the trend, or no?

Happy Wednesday everyone!!


7:08 AM

Comments:
Good Morning Sunshine! :-)

I too am dragging this morning. I already have my coffee in hand. I like the new hair do! I need to get mine trimmed terribly as I have horrendous split ends but in all honesty I'm afraid to go to the hair dresser because I can't afford an expensive one and the cheap places always seem to mess up.
I've never really given into the trend but only because my old hair dresser ALWAYS cut my hair the same way but I always loved it. It was after she left that I could do what I wanted and then it all got chopped off but no changes had been made in my life.

Happy Hump Day!
 
Im letting my hair grow long for locks of love, something i've always wanted to do since i had short hair. How's that for irony??? Im determined to do it this time. I decided that when i moved in with Frank, i was going to do it, so i guess that qualifies. He likes long hair anyway and it makes me look significantly younger than i am. Not too shabby for almost 30!!!
 
Yeah, my husband doesn't like his hair long, either. I like that he gets little curls and the fact that it turns lighter the longer it grows, but unfortunately it's his head and he won't listen to me.;)
I don't cut my hair when there's a dramatic change in my life because my hair doesn't fast. However, I do realize that I do change my hair when I have a life change. I will get my hair put into braids, make it curly, etc. I never really thought about it until now. In fact, I would get my hair changed in about 3 weeks (the last weeks of my job) if I had the money!:)
 
it does look very silky in the second photo.

i think my hair has been longer the past couple of years than it has since i was a child. i like it long.. and in a couple of years i'll want to cut it anyway.. might as well keep it long when i can. there's kinda a timeline to these sort of things, ya know. : ) (as we age)

girl, you could buzz your hair off and you'd still look like a beauty queen.
: )
 
Now that I think about it..Yes! I let it get super long when I went off to college (I had always had it super short) and then once I moved back, and broke up with my college boyfriend (2 major changes) I chopped it all off! Once I got married I decided to let it all grow out again..Strange! Never thought about that at all! Have a Happy Day!
 
I had to move suddenly my senior year of high school and I got my hair cut just above my shoulders and got bangs (I had NEVER had bangs before... and will never again, lol.) I was "starting a new life" so I needed a new 'do to go with it. I grew my hair out for the wedding but ended up getting about 4" cut off a couple weeks before to get rid of any dead ends... my hair was still really long! I just trimmed my hair (myself) about an inch to control some split ends, but it's about the length of yours in the first pic. I think your hair looks good with the new cut... it looks very healthy. :o)

My dog does the same thing... he follows me EVERYWHERE (he is right next to me as I type this) and he has to be in the bathroom with me or he'll scratch at the door. He doesn't ever want to get in the shower, though... he's not a huge fan of baths... lol.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers