Wednesday, July 26, 2006

This & That -

I'm watching the Loudoun Times Mirror online like a hawk.. they should be posting their employment classifieds online sometime today. Monster.com is worthless when you want a really local job that isn't being posted by a temp agency. I faxed my resume to one company on Monday, but haven't heard from them. They could've filled that spot already, unfortunately. Then I become paranoid and start having thoughts like, "maybe they just didn't want me." Dumb, I know.

I've found that I've become decidedly picky in the 4 1/2 years since I last went through this process. I don't mean that in a snobby way at all, I just want to find something that I will enjoy, not just something that will pay the bills. I have a better idea of what I'd like this time around. Now it's just a matter of finding it.

On a totally random note... Last week, for the very first time, I happened to notice this as I was walking by:

That's me on the wall in the marketing office. (Obviously, I blurred the company name. I may be leaving here on Sept. 6th, but still. :) Knowing that posters exactly like that one are all over the US at a bazillion of our merchants' locations was a rather strange thought, yet seeing it posted in our very office is even stranger to me for some reason. And I don't even really like that picture.

That's a snippet of a flyer that was sent all over Texas. (have you seen it, Amanda? :) I got to buy that outfit with the company's money. My Mom took one and pasted it in my scrapbook.. how cute is that?? It's funny, but I always wanted to model someday.. and I didn't even have to lose a single pound to do it!

I've definitely made some memories here. I've been getting all nostalgic lately, and I still have a little over a month left here to go.

Well, I s'pose I should get back to it. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!



7:10 AM

Comments:
I havent seen it!!!!!! But I will look for it and SHOW EVERYONE! I know that girl! lol- Have a fabulous day hun!
 
I definitely know what you mean about being selective about a job. I know what I like to do and feel confident doing and what I don't like to do. It's not worth torturing myself daily in a job I don't like!!

Nice poster :) I've only made it on advertising posters within the school I used to work at :P
 
That is so neat. I wish you good luck in finding a job. May God direct you in your search. Have a great rest of the week.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers