Friday, July 07, 2006

Sweet Friday -

I'm doing much better today. :) I'm actually in an insanely good mood this morning! No real reason why, but no real reason not to be, either.

You all are so encouraging.. thank you.

On the money front... not so good. On the upside, Ryan received one of his (relatively small) reimbursement checks, (for work-related expenses he paid out of pocket) so he was able to deposit that. So, that's good.. it can go towards, you know, gas.. food.. haha. On the downside.. you know how they estimated that the truck repair would be about $350? Um.. well, they were wrong.. by a lot.

It took 6 of their guys 45 minutes just to get the truck into the bay for repairs. They had to lift up the back end and roll it on the front wheels. I kinda laugh trying to envision that! Then, it took 2 of their guys two hours just to get the brakes OFF! The guy at the shop called Ryan and asked, "Is there any way this truck sat in standing water?" Uh oh. "No.. why do you ask?" was Ryan's reply. "The only times we see brakes this rusted are when guys back their boats into the water, and let their trucks sit," the guy told him. Odd, right? Yeah, we thought so, too.

So, the total cost was.. $625. Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Bad news is, this means we have to cancel our weekend plans. We were going to drive the 7 or so hours up to northeast PA for Ryan's family reunion. This was important for two reasons.. not only would it be the first time I'd get to meet these particular relatives, but it'd also be the first reunion that Ryan has ever been to! I guess they didn't have them while he was growing up. Not only that, but they're planning on celebrating Grandma S.'s 80th birthday on Saturday. :( After the double financial blows, we just can't afford the gas, and the cost to kennel Tucker all weekend. What can you really do, though? Unless I discover a money tree on my way home...

*Sigh* I just had a wonderful conversation with my coworker. She's also a Christian, and my gosh, she's such an encouragement. I don't think she even knows how much she is, either! It's just pretty neat to have someone here I can relate to. I mean, I love everyone I work closely with here.. and they're all very, very diverse. For instance, my supervisor grew up in Queens, NY.. he's fiercely loyal to the Democratic party, and liberal minded on pretty much everything. We debate like crazy! Yet we respect each other. I'm friendly with everyone in the company.. we're not that big. :) My gosh, I'm going to miss it here. Sometimes I feel like I've taken for granted how "at home" I feel here.

Okay, I've rambled long enough! Back to work. :) Hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!!


7:00 AM

Comments:
I'm sorry you are stressing about money but I certainly can relate with Josh not leaving until August now it means one more month without him get paid and one more month solely on my income. We are hoping he'll get the check back for his aparentment soon and that will be enough to cover food, and gas, and such. If you find that money tree be sure to send it my way too!!

Happy Friday girl!
 
I hope i have a great new environment like you do at my new job...

I posted on yesterday's entry this am. Whoops!!!
 
Thanks so much for your sweet comments and the prayers!

Yes, even though Granddaddy doesn't say it reduces his masculinity, I'm sure that's how he feels. Part of it is also that it isn't very dignified and he has always been very self-sufficient. I think he's getting tired, ya know?

I appreciate your confidence in my teaching abilities...my head knows it but my gut doesn't! Hahahaha!

Have a great weekend and just relax at home with hubby...even though you can't hit the reunion... :-)
 
wow! i just played some major catch-up and you've been through some trials...i know that your not worried, and i'll believe right there with you sister for the job, and the provision....just keep up your positive attitude! i'm sure it's a comfort to Ryan as well! take care beatiful, and we'll be praying :) vincencia
 
Don't feel so bad... I had back surgery a few weeks ago, and the price tag was close to $60,000 out of pocket. Talk about being in debt... lol :)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers