Friday, July 28, 2006

Settle the Score -

** Edit @ 9:15 AM - Oh my gosh. I just received news that my friend Sarah, who was due in November, had her little baby girl (1 lb. 4 oz.) delivered via emergency c-section yesterday. Sarah has preeclampsia, (high blood pressure) and she is feeling better, but her blood pressure is still very high. She was only able to see her baby girl, Sydney Louise, for about a minute yesterday! Please, please pray for Sarah, her husband Keith, and their little girl, Sydney Louise.

I opened up our medicine/vitamin/various nutritional stuff cabinet this morning, and didn't see my prescription to re-order my birth control, which I keep up there. "Um, honey?" I asked, "please tell me you didn't throw away my prescriptions." Seriously, every single prescription that used to be stored there was suddenly missing. "I thought those were all of my prescriptions," he told me. "Only one was yours.. the others had my name on them," I told him. My husband is a member of the clutter patrol.. even though things are organized, he has this incessant urge to throw things away. It comes in spurts, though, and it usually only involves my stuff.

So, I have to call my Dr. this morning, get a new prescription faxed to me, and hopefully get it filled after work. I'm supposed to start a new pack tomorrow. We're not quite ready to have a little Emily or Ryan running around just yet, so it's kind of important.

Well, I got my first new-job-related call yesterday around 10 AM or so, but I had to wait until my lunch break to give her a call back. The Dr. herself had called me, and even left her HOME NUMBER in case I needed to call after 5. In any event, we talked and talked and talked, and set up an interview for Monday at 8 AM. I wasn't really expecting her to still be interested after we talked, for two reasons. One, she balked a little at my salary requirements. I'm just not going to take a new job making less that I do currently. Sorry. I'm really not being unreasonable. Secondly, she wasn't too thrilled about the fact that she'd have a month lag between the time her current admin. leaves the position and the day I could take over. There again, I can't help that. If I leave this job any earlier, I won't get my severance pay. (and HELLO, that's a ton of money.) She still wants to interview, so I guess she still has an interest in me. I'd enjoy this job, so I'm hoping it goes well. Now the real question... what am I going to wear?

Last night was pretty nice. I brought my work out clothes with me, and headed straight to the gym immediately after work. I knew if I went home, I'd try and talk myself out of going. :) I had a great work out, though, and I was really glad that I went. I got a surprise once I got home, too: Ryan was already home! :) It was so nice being able to spend more time with him than usual.

Well, we made it to Friday! Hope you all have a great day, and a wonderful weekend!


7:09 AM

Comments:
He threw away WHAT??? no no no...that's something very important!!! Trust me! If for some reason i forget to take mine, i made double sure that we're covered on all bases...

good luck deciding what to wear. Just look nice, like always;)
 
That's horrible that your friend had to have an emergency c-section so early! I will be praying for them all!!

Ha! What a thing to have thrown away! I guess I have to start thinking about birth control options soon. I don't want to get pregnant right after my baby is born!

My advice for job interview attire is always: wear something that makes you feel confident!
 
Speaking of birth control pills, I just had to change mine because I was acting really bitchy and moody. I like this one better, but I'm still getting side effects. Guess you can't win for losin'...
I have a question (answer only if you want): did going on birth control make you gain weight? I have gained SO MUCH weight since going on them. I'm seriously thinking about going off of them completely, but since it's the best method, I'm very hesitant to do that. You probably didn't gain weight because you work out a lot. I really need to motivate myself to do that.:)
 
i hope that you get the job! especially if the pay is good, and you would enjoy it :) take care and have a great weekend :)vincy
 
Definitely praying for your friend. That's so scary. I hope lil Sydney pulls through.
Good luck on the job search .. that is very exciting that they seemed so urgent about it!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers