Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Perfect Proposal -

A few of you have asked to hear about our proposal story... so, I dug up my old xanga archives, and am posting it just for you. :)

"And Now, the Rest of the Story"


The realization hit me that I don't have a boyfriend anymore...I have a fiance!

Saturday-

We drove to a local dog rescue on Saturday morning, and spent three hours there looking at the available dogs, and spending time with several that we were interested in. This place was huge! They had trails to take the dogs on, and fenced-in play areas. We just weren't 100% liking any of the four dogs we had put on our list. Then a volunteer walks by with a dog we didn't see while we were touring the facility. Apparently this dog had just been spayed the day before, so she was in the 'quarantine' area, away from visitors. We fell in love. :-) She's such a sweet little dog. We submitted an adoption application, and should hear back from them either today or tomorrow. I really hope we get her!

(**Update** We did end up getting her, and she was a terror. We wound up taking her back.)

The Proposal-

After we got cleaned up, and had rested a bit, Ryan took me out driving on Saturday evening. We went through downtown Leesburg, past the place we saw fireworks, past Morven park, and onto Old Waterford road. It's long, windy, and not to mention gravel! He had been up here on Friday at one of his clients' job sites, so he's pointing out huge, new homes that are being built. It may be in the middle of nowhere, but these are some of the nicest houses you've ever seen! He took me down several side roads, then drove me to the top of Old Waterford, (past a little, old house on the left with an older man sitting on the front porch in his rocking chair) and pulled over in an empty clearing with a gorgeous view of Sugarloaf mountain, and surrounding fields and farms. He told me how he saw this Friday, and thought it was beautiful.

We saw a "for sale" sign when we pulled over, and were curious to see what was for sale, so we drove down to the end of the road. As we made our way back up, Ryan backed into a big, open field, and told me that he thought there was a creek behind the trees, and asked if I wanted to go see. So we walked down the tree line, and came to a clearing. There wasn't a creek, but behind the trees the sun was shining down over a lush, light green meadow, with bushes of wild berries. We were standing under these large, old trees. There was a light breeze, and it was so quiet that all you could hear were the birds. It was perfect.

He starts telling me how he had been thinking about how he was nearly married two years ago, and how he's so thankful that things happened the way they did. He tells me all kinds of sweet, romantic things, and I start to cry a little. He tells me that there's no reason to cry, and asks, "can I ask you to do something for me?" I gave him a funny look, and asked what. Then he gets down on one knee, and I lose it. He then asks me to marry him. It was absolutely perfect!
Needless to say, it was all-around the best weekend, ever. I'm so excited, and so, so happy.
Posted 7/25/2005 at 8:49 AM


7:19 AM

Comments:
Awwww! I remember reading that the first time too! And it gets better each time!

Hard to believe we've been following each other's lives for over a year now but I can say I'm glad to have you for support and advice!
 
What a great story!!
And how special of you to have revisited the proposal location. That must have been special. What a difference a year makes indeed :)
How blessed you are :)
 
I remember that story...
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers