Day 3 of the 5 AM Challenge will actually be more like the 5 PM Challenge, just for today. :) Ryan has physical therapy tonight at 7, so he'll definitely be getting a workout. (they mean business!) So, I'll be headed to the gym after work. I'm a little bummed about not working out this morning, honestly, but he's got therapy once a week for probably the next 4 or 5 weeks, and I don't want to go in the mornings without him. Though, um, we didn't get to sleep till pretty late anyway, so it's really okay by me. Yeah, we're married--it's allowed.
Ryan had a company function last night--one of his biggest clients was hosting an event, so of course Ryan and one of his reps attended. So, he didn't get home till a bit after 9, which meant I made it a ME night! Yep, I went out and rented a chick flick, and bought some crab/shrimp cakes (cheaper than full-blown crab cakes) to cook. I wound up picking Just Like Heaven, a romantic comedy with Reese Witherspoon. I had wanted to see it after seeing the previews ages and ages ago, but figured it would be sappy and maybe not so good. Then I heard friends' reviews to the contrary, saying it was actually quite good, so I decided to give it a whirl. Definitely glad that I did! It was very good, though I doubt Ryan would've liked it at all. (though it did have Reese Witherspoon..) Oh well, that's why I watched it without him.
I've debated back and forth about writing a post on sex in marriage. I don't mean, you know, intimate details about OUR sex lives or anything of the sort, but just some good advice we've received in the context of marriage and sex. Even though it's an integral part of married life, no one seems to ever talk about it. I've always tried to keep my journal pretty PG rated, though you all know I'm pretty open about personal details. I'm not very reserved! Though I do try and keep others' best interests in mind. Maybe I could make it a protected post on Xanga, just in case not everyone wants to read it. (after all, my Mom and Mother-in-law do read this! ) Though, at the same time, it's my journal, and I should be able to write freely. Right? I don't know... what do you all think? Would any of you even be interested in what I have to say about it in the first place?
Moving along! Ryan and I are at a place where, you know, we're securing a path to a debt free life, which leads to the possibility of owning the golden trophy in life: a house. And therefore being in debt for the rest of our lives. Kidding. Though, it's a good debt, regardless. Problem is, we're not sure where we should even be looking! There's a very strong possibility that Ryan's office may be moving, though it could be as soon as this fall, or as late as.. well, who really knows. I feel like we're kind of in limbo, because the last thing we want to do is seriously start looking, and make the search a long, drawn out process because we don't know where we should buy. I guess we just need to be patient, and wait it out, though it's frustrating, because we're tired of renting. What can ya do? :)
Sex in marriage and even a good relationship is an important thing. I'll bet i could put in my input. It's not everything though...that's what people forget. Communication is the first step in a good relationship. And think of it this way, the uh, thing, that made you go to sleep late is a good source of exercise for you both!!! And now i lost my train of thought because Jake just stole a baseball bat from my room and i had to yell at him. Dogs.
I agree with Megan and if you want to provide in point then its more than welcomed. Sharing advice about anything in a relationship is always a good thing. You never know when someone might be able to use it. I'm glad you had a good "me" night. I loved "Just Like Heaven." Have a great Hump day! ;)
I understand, sometimes I want to talk about sex in marriage, but I don't want to offend anybody I guess. But I suppose it is OUR journal and we can write about whatever we want to write about. Nothing wrong with sex in marriage, that's for sure! :-P
I would be interested to hear your take of sex in marriage. All of our friends are single and married sex (in my opinion) is much different from single sex.
We are tired of renting and want to buy a house, too. We were waiting to hear back to see if I would get into the grad program I wanted and I found out yesterday that I did!:) So that means that we can begin looking for a house!...although we do not have much money.:( Oh well, God got me into grad school and He will get us a house, if necessary right now, too!:)
I'd like to hear what you have to say, sans Xanga, but I understand if you don't want to go there with your mother and mother-in-law reading... Have a great day! -Megan
DID SOMEONE SAY SEX! haha Just kidding.. I think that would be ok..considering you are married! I love having me time! Wednesdays are definatly ME days! The evenings have become me nights too but I dont like it anymore..I miss my hubby- oh well. Love you sweet!
I would like to hear what you have to say about sex in marriage. It is always such an awkward topic to bring up because you never know who you will offend but I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
Once I find out what the sex of the baby is I will probably start buying clothes instead of just browsing the Internet :-) But there are some really cute baby clothes these days! As far as writing a post about sex I say go for it! The hubby and I have a lot of married friends, which is really nice because we are able to talk about sex and even joke around. But I would be interested in what you have to say on the subject matter and if you’re worried about your mom and mom-in-law reading it just do a protected one :-) That way everyone is happy! I loved the movie “Just Like Heaven” I loved it so much I bought it and watched it with my mom!
this is your journal and you should be able to discuss anything you would like :o) i would be interested in what you have to say :o) oh didnt you read my post before that one? thats talks all about it. just was having a bad day missing my mom and stuff... <3brandi