Good morning, good morning! Going to be a steamy one today, folks... 98 degree high that will feel like 105! I was listening to the forecast this morning, and they said the air will be considered "unhealthful" today and tomorrow. Unhealthy air. Nice.
So, if anyone wanted to know how our first week of the5 AM Challenge went last week, here are the results! We worked out 4 days in a row.. Mon-Thurs, then took Friday and Saturday off. Honestly, I think the first week was the hardest part, because this morning I was actually really looking forward to going! Ryan has the symptoms of a sinus infection in the making, so he didn't go with me. He's taking his isotonix, and has been kinda taking it easy since Saturday, so hopefully it doesn't get any worse. So, for the first time since the start of the challenge, I went alone this morning.
In any event, I know I've lost some weight. I haven't weighed myself since I was 18, (long story, but it's for the best!) so I'm not sure how much I've lost. Remember when my Dr. told me I had lost 10 pounds since my appointment 5 days before the wedding? Well, I got the urge to try on my wedding dress yesterday.. first time since the wedding. It was definitely much looser! I was even able to get into it all by myself. (it took the help of 3 bridesmaids on my wedding day!) The waist area was baggy, and the top was sliding down.. and I didn't even have my bustier on underneath that I wore during the wedding.
In any event, I made it down the stairs without tripping, and showed Ryan. I figured he'd roll his eyes at the fact that I wanted to try it on, but he just smiled when he saw me and said that I looked beautiful. My gosh, I'm lucky he's mine.
I'm the not the only one in my family losing weight! My brother told me yesterday that he has lost 12 pounds! He said, "I'm turning into you! I was at the gym for 2 1/2 hours last night." However, I don't think I've ever been at the gym for longer than, oh, 2 hours or so, so he's gone above and beyond what I've ever done! He's taking full advantage of the gym at his condo complex, and eating better than he used to.
Well, going to be a busy-busy day today. Two people from the PBT West accounting department will be in the office today. They're going to be sitting down with each of us and looking over what we do each day. You'd think they would've liked to know that before they decided to get rid of us, wouldn't you? But I digress. Did I mention I got a new PBT t-shirt, even though I won't be here after Sept. 6th? What can I say? I can't turn down free t-shirts. It's a kid's size large, but it shrunk up nicely in the wash, and I actually like it better than the normal t-shirts!
Happy Monday! Hope you all have a great, quick, wonderful day. And if you're going to be outside today, remember not to breathe in. It's "unhealthful," you know.
I wish I could afford a gym membership because I definetley need to start working out some but I just can't get it into the budget right now. HOWEVER, I have decided that Josh and I are going to walk every evening now because he's got to lose those 6lbs and it wouldn't kill me to lose a few myself. Sorry I digress!
I hope Ryan feels better and doesn't get worse! Good luck with your meeting! And Happy Monday!
Weight loss is always nice. I'm going to give myself a few weeks before I step on the scale, but I'm (weirdly) looking forward to seeing how much I weight.
Hope Ryan doesn't get any sicker!
And, thank you so much for all the great comments these last couple of days.