Our 7th monthiversary was quiet and relaxing. We stayed in for the evening, and I made my almond-crusted chicken--my staple comfort food. We talked, we cuddled, we took it easy. Couldn't have been better!
Day 2 of the 5 AM Challenge was a success. Today was legs day; used the bike for 30 mins of cardio, then did weighted squats, lunges, calf lifts, and used the weight machine for back and front. (what does that work? hamstrings and quads, mainly? I don't know. It just feels lovely.) Did abs once we got home.. no nasty gym floor germs. Eww.
Can I just say that I am so excited about this? The very day it's released, I am so there. He should've won, but I think he'll have a better CD because he didn't win. (though, lets face it, he'd sound lovely singing his ABC's.) I still think it'll be a great CD, though. Mmhmm!
Do you ever get sick and tired of the media focusing on the negative aspects of the war? I was watching NBC this morning at the gym, and eventually changed the channel. It's no wonder a considerable amount of our population is against the war, when all we see is the death toll, people who have been hurt, women, children... whatever sells, I guess. Why can we not hear about the successes, and the progress we're making over there? I've been behind this war from day 1, and still support our presence in Iraq, and the mission we're carrying out over there, but I know that a lot of people do not support it. Kelly posted a fantastic entry about the war, and WHY we went to war. It's lengthy, but my gosh, she's so incredibly educated on this war and the reasoning for it that I had to post it.
Work is insanely busy right now as we're on a timeline for relinquishing our tasks over to the west coast office. I need to finalize my resume and start sending it out to different places next week. I pretty much have a feel for what I'm looking for, though, and that's a good feeling. :) Ryan has a company function this evening, so it'll just be me and Tucker! I'm not sure what we're going to get into just yet. I can't even tell you how NICE it is getting my work-out out of the way in the morning so my evenings are wide open. (well, relatively)
Congrats on 7 months! Congrats on day 2! Such an accomplishment! We got rid of our cable.. There are just so many negative things on TV these days.. I thought we would just die without it, but we have been spending what quality time we have just talking and being husband and wife..Its really nice! Well I gotta run..Have a fab day hun!
Sounds like a perfect evening! I'm glad you guys got to enjoy it!
I find myself unable to watch the news about the war. I support our troops wholeheartedly but knowing that Josh will be over there sometime just makes my stomach turn at the thought so I tend to have to just change the channel. Heck, I can't even watch BlackHawk Down, or We Were Soldiers anymore....
And while you were doing all of that exercise i was lying in bed, happily dreaming...or i was sweating. Actually, i was miserable and sweating. And listening to a dog pant heavily. I think you got the better end of the deal.
Oh he's testing those boundaries all right...he knows what i will let him get away with too, like lying with me on the bed and the couch. Frank will concede on the couch thing, not the bed. Im telling Jake it's OUR little secret. lol
Alright, I looked up the definition of tetrazzini and this is what I got: a pasta dish with cream sauce and mushrooms. Which is a pretty good definition because that's exactly what chicken tetrazzini is. lol. Cubed chicken in a cream sauce with mushrooms and spahgetti. It is delicious. My all time favorite meal because I love pasta and I love chicken. It can't get any better than that :-P