I am feeling PUMPED this morning! The hubby and I decided that we are going to get up every morning at 5 AM, (okay, technically 4:50 so we can get out the door by 5) to go work out at the gym. Today was Day 1.
I'm actually really proud of myself, because I've always sworn up and down that I will NEVER work out before work. It always seemed pointless to me, because.. 1) I move s-l-o-w-l-y in the mornings, and 2) I work 8-4, so there's plenty of time to work out after work. However, my hubby on the other hand leaves the house before 6:45 every morning, and gets home around 6:45 every night. He's so exhausted after work that working out is totally out of the question. So! I decided to just get over it, and go work out every morning with my hubby. I can't even TELL you how excited I am that we get to go together.
See, he's always been against going to the gym together. It's nothing personal, (he says) he has just had bad experiences with it in the past. He was worried I'd talk too much, distract him, and follow him around the gym like a lost puppy dog. Um, no. I go and do my own thing. I was totally having to pay for the wrong-doings of those before me! Anyway, it's a big step for him, also, to want to go together.
Even though I didn't sleep very well at all last night, I woke up all bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to head to the gym! Yes, I get really excited about it.. much to my husband's chagrin. Not only was it not the torturous event I thought it would be, but I am feeling really great now. :) Plus, I got into work just a few minutes after 7, so I even get to leave a little early today. Can't beat that!
In any event, we had a wonderful weekend. It seemed like it was equal parts relaxation and play. Saturday was extremely lazy... we got up around 9, then we took a "nap" from 11:30-2. It felt like we slept the day away! Before dinner, I went and worked out while my hubby stayed home to nurse a killer headache. After I got back home and got cleaned up, Ryan was itching to get out of the house... so, we took a drive.
We wound up at a brand new housing development that Ryan wanted to show me. None of the homes are completed yet, except the main model home/sales office, so we drove around looking at all the homes under construction. These homes were MASSIVE. We parked and walked around inside one of them.. looked like a "smaller" one from the street.. haha! The floorplan was amazing, and expansive.. probably the biggest house I've ever been in. It reminded me of when Ryan and I were dating... we were all about "cheap dates," and walking through new homes was always something we enjoyed. Granted, these homes had no doors, heck, they didn't even have drywall up yet. It was just fun to imagine them completed. And maybe even imagine they were ours. :)
We drove back to the model, which was obviously closed at nearly 9:00 at night, so we decided to go see what we can see from the outside looking in. The amazing part about it was when you walk through the lantern-lit carriage way, the backyard opens up to a an amazing back porch, gardens, and a beautiful pond with a waterfall. First thing we heard were all of the frogs! There were lily pads in the pond, and a bunch of frogs just chilling out. Everything was beautifully lit up, and all you heard were the sounds of the night.
Of course, I was curious to look up the development's website yesterday. They start at $1.6 million, with at least 5,000 square feet, with 3-5+ acre lots. (around here, land costs a fortune!) Oh, and here's the model.. it's officially our new dream home.
Kind of a bad picture, I think. (it's from their website) I remembered my camera, but not a memory card. It's actually much prettier at night!
Sunday was pretty relaxing also. After church, we had lunch with my family, watched the race, took a nap.. all good things. :)
By the way... it's our 7 monthiversary today!
Well, hope you all had a great weekend, and I hope you have a wonderful Monday!!
Wow that house is gorgeous! I think I'm in love too! ;o)
Working out in the morning is suppose to give you more energy throughout the day. I'm told myself I'll get up early to run several times but its never happened! lol. First step would be going to bed a little earlier so I was more rested but when Josh wants to stay up because he doesn't have to get up in the morning I tend to stay up later...
That's a beautiful house!!! Michael and I have such different dream homes. He wants a small house (preferably a log cabin) on lots of land. Now, I would love lots of land, but I still want a big house! Like the house in your picture. That would be my dream house, for sure! :-P
Happy 7 month Anniversary! That's a beautiful picture, you were a BEAUTIFUl bride!!
I was going to the gym at 5:30 am, but the gym keeps changing it's hours and gets me all screwed up so lately I've been going in the evenings. I guess it doesn't matter when I go as long as I go, you know? But I did like going in the mornings because it really helped me wake up and get ready to face the day :-)
Thanks for stopping by with the encouraging words these last couple of days.
I've never thought of browsing through houses, but Ty and I like going out for drives in the nice neighborhoods, with the nice houses...houses we dream of living in one day :-).
Ahhhh . . . you have much more discipline than I do! I actually had my alarm set for 630 to take a run . . . but I hit the snooze when it came on and decided to sleep through it instead :) Now I've dug myself into a hole because I'll have to run when it's hot and humid! Have a wonderful day!
Happy 7 months! I can't believe it's already been that long! It will be a year before you know it! I actually remember back before your wedding when you told us about cutting your finger. I thought of you while I was sitting in the ER because I was like "Didn't someone else have to get stiches around their wedding date too!?" Poor Andy was a trooper though, holding my hand in the ER. Kudos for Day1 of the workout plan, that is awesome! I hope you're able to keep it up! I am so sad I can't workout for another 2 weeks because of my leg. I can't wait to go to the gym!