Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Something Stupid -

I was listening to the radio on my way into work this morning, and two radio personalities were talking about the first songs they danced to with their wives at their weddings. When asked what one of the guys danced to, he replied, "Something stupid." Of course, this caused loads of callers to phone in, telling him that he should expect to sleep in the dog house tonight. "No, really, the song we danced to was, "Something Stupid." It's a Sinatra song," he replied. They played a clip of it for one of the callers who didn't quite believe him.

Ryan and I had some difficulty coming up with a first dance song.. it took quite some time! I had always had my heart set on "The Way You Look Tonight," but I love the Steve Tyrell rendition. Ryan, however, used to work in catering, and he was sick to death of hearing that song at weddings. We eventually picked "I Could Not Ask For More," by Edwin McCain. (one of the best concerts I've ever been to, incidentally. That guy sings his heart out.) True, quite a few people use it as their first dance song.. but it's the kind of song that really makes me happy. Other choices on our playlist, however, I can almost guarantee you either no one, or very few people, have played at their wedding.

Happy First Day of Summer, everyone! It's supposed to get to 90 today. Hello, summer. It was about the same yesterday.. and hotter last weekend. Of course, I love summer thunderstorms, and they're pretty much calling for a chance of showers for the next week or so. Should cool things off a teeny bit. :)

After dinner last night, Ryan and I headed to Lowes to pick up some screws and wall anchors.. we've got our BIG, HUGE, GIGANTIC guest signature frame from the wedding that we need to finally hang up in our bedroom. Also, we've got the plate rack to hang up in the dining room. Now, Ryan absolutely adores Lowes. He could spend days, even weeks, in that store. Oddly enough, I really like the place, too. I know I'll love it even more when we actually own a house, which we can do things to. I can't even tell ya how badly I'm itching to paint! (obviously a no-no as apartment renters)

Speaking of renting! GUESS who is moving to our apartment complex! Sarah & Keith!!! I am so, so excited about this. It's hard making friends at an apartment, because people are always leaving, and new people are moving in. For instance.. we met a couple in February, and they moved out in April--that kind of thing. Anyway! They move in in August, and little Baby M. is due in November. So exciting! :)

Busy day ahead.. hope you all have a great day!


7:08 AM

Comments:
Frank loves Home Depot. It's his toy store.

I really wanted to see how this dream ended too...it was very interesting!!!
 
Awww guys in there hardware stores!

Sounds like a nice couple evening though. I like to paint too but can't do it since I rent as well!
 
lol, sausage gravy does look pretty nasty, and i can't eat much of it, but haven't you ever heard of it before? you know, Bob Evan's sausage gravy and biscuits?? that's my daddy's favorite meal ever, and Michael's too apparently :-P hehe

Angela
 
Lowe's is so addictive. We've been twice since we got married and I want to buy the whole place and fix our house up. It's a rental but I still want too! We've bought bird feeders and new screen door handles and safety locks....if we could afford a new washer and dryer I'd go there to buy it :) Wow I'm a dork.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers