Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Small World & Other News -

Yesterday was rather busy, so much so that I ended up working a little later than usual. Ryan called me to see where I was, and he was happy to hear that I was still at work. "Stay there," he told me, "I'll be there in a few minutes." So, I waited.. he wouldn't tell me why he was coming over, though. Sure enough, a few minutes later, he comes driving up... In a new car! We've been talking about possibilities for a new car, and he decided to test drive one of the ones we like. So, I got to sit in it, and check out everything for myself. Definitely still a contender! We won't be getting a new car for a little while, but it's good to get an idea of what we'll want. :)

After work, I headed to the grocery store. As I was picking up a carton of fat-free pringles, I noticed a guy walking down the chip aisle that looked awfully familiar. Around the frozen foods section, I finally ask, "Is your name Brian?" Apparently, he thought he knew me from somewhere, too, so we finally figured out that we had gone to school together in the 6th grade! He looked pretty much like I remembered from back then, (over TEN YEARS ago) except a bit taller and a bit bigger. I'm scared that he recognized me, though, as I hope I look nothing like I did in 6th grade! Ick. Anyway, we talked about what we've both been up to over the years, and found out that his girlfriend lives in the same apartment complex as we do! So, I told him that Ryan and I would love to have them over sometime, and I got his number so we can arrange that. Small world, huh??

I was watering all of our flowers out on the deck after I got home and had played with Tucker till he was worn out. When I water them all, I take out a watering jug as well as a 4-cup glass Pyrex measuring cup, so I can do refills while I'm outside. I've done this for weeks with noooo problems. Well, I set the Pyrex glass on the ledge as I was watering one of our potted flowers, and it fell.. on my foot... handle down! Yeah, within a minute, I had a nice, big welt rising up in the middle of my foot. I tried to ice it as much as I could for the rest of the evening, but I had a welt the size of half a golfball on my foot. Not much fun, lemme tell ya.

Good news of the night! I figured out what I'd really, really love to do for our one year anniversary.. so, Ryan asked what it would cost us... and he said that it sounded perfectly fine, and gave me the go-ahead to make reservations!! I am SO beyond excited! I'm keeping pretty much everything about it a secret, but he knows about how far away it is, what it costs, and that we'll be staying overnight. Everything else will be a surprise. :) Ahhhh! I can't wait!

I've got a 10 AM health insurance benefits meeting today, and I'll find out what kind of plan I'll have between July 1st and September 30th... yippee. I'll go on Ryan's health insurance after that, regardless of whether I've got a new job lined up by then or not. Apparently, this plan is better than the one we currently have, so that's good to know.

Tucker is doing really well, and was healthy and happy when he came home from the kennel. He was VERY excited to be home, though! Not sure if I mentioned it, but he can go up and down the three flights of stairs at our apartment now. He's officially a "big dog"! ;-) He's also understanding "no bite" now, which is wonderful, considering how much he loves to "play" with sharp puppy teeth involved.

Hope you all have a great day!


7:32 AM

Comments:
It really is a small world. I want to know what you are doing for your Anniversary! I'm curious!!!

I'm glad Tucker is doing well. They are great dogs! I love my Tai.

Happy Tuesday!
 
OUCH!!!! I can feel your pain!
I forget what i was going to say now, i got interrupted...i'll be back i guess.
 
AH!
I did sleep a little. Im still dragging though.
 
Yeah, i've had lunch in the Circular Dining Room. Its really not that great, there's better places in this area to go but since it's the "Hotel Hershey" people get all up in arms. Brain Kents and Hayden's on Pine are much better places to go to and they are much more affordable, compared to the Hotel...
 
Hey chick! Thanks for the comment on my hair! Its so funny you said that about my sis! Even Shaun said that when he saw me! (But he said I was much cuter!)

Hey so what are you doing for your anniversary?! Email me! Have a great day hun!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers