Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Randomness -

I went tanning after work last night, and the regular girl there that I talk to pretty often says to me, "You know that car that meowed at you?" (referring to this weekend) "Yeah.. I was in that car," she told me, looking embarrassed. I had been outside walking Tucker, when an SUV slowly drove past me. I had all my attention on the dog, because he was trying to head out into the street, when I heard a "Meooooow" behind me. I had come inside, shaking my head, and told Ryan, "I think a car meowed at me."

Totally forgot to mention that my Mom (read: the best Mom on God's green earth) surprised me with a little gift on Sunday: a springform pan! If you don't know what that is, please click here. :) Since we typically come over for dinner every Sunday night, she suggested, after I had brought over my chocolate pie, that I bring dessert each week. Nooo problem. :) Also, the pan came with a "Little Book of Cheesecakes" recipe booklet, which includes healthy alternatives that I can apply to all of the recipes. Watch out world!

My gosh, I love my husband. Last night just proved even more how he was made specifically for me. Our senses of humor, though different!, mesh so well, we're constantly laughing. Most of the time, it wouldn't be as funny if I tried to explain it. Like, last night, there were several things that just had me dying from laughter, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny if I told you all. Anyway, we were snuggling shortly before 10 (I had to get up at 5:45 this morning) and I was practically asleep when he says, "are you tired?" "Ummm.. yeah.. I think I was dreaming," I told him, "I closed my eyes and saw chocolate covered cows.." I guess in my sleepy stupor, I didn't realize how bizarre this was, till he starts cracking up. "Chocolate covered cows?! That was random. Are you hungry, honey?" he asks. Ha!

And he's seriously the only man I know who encourages shopping. Whereas I've tightened my grip on the checkbook, he's extremely lax when it comes to things I need. Like.. um, socks. I have maybe 6 pairs, two of which have holes. However, I make sure Ryan has plenty of pairs, without holes. I guess I tend to look out more for his needs than my own. I'm always running out of stuff because I don't feel like I should spend the money to replace it. But when he finds out I need something, or even would like something, he'll say sweetly, "well honey, maybe you could go get such-and-such tomorrow." Granted, it's never something super extravagant.. we do have a budget. :) But he looks out for my needs, too. I love him.

He helps me relax, that's for sure. Lately I've noticed how many things I pile up on to my to-do list, knowing full well that there isn't enough time in the day to get it all accomplished, then I feel like I failed when I don't get it all done. When I got married, I swear there was an internal switch that suddenly was switched on after "I do." Suddenly, my priorities shifted, and I was blessed with an extra boost of daily energy to get things done. Sometimes, though, it's just too much to try and tackle in a single day, and I need to learn to space things out so they're more easily manageable.

Well, there you go.. a big post about a whole lot of nothing. :) The president of our company is flying in from San Francisco today, so we're having a cookout and company-wide meeting a bit later. Oh, and I need to go mail out a Father's Day gift. :) Work will be super busy as well! It's going to be a busy day, no doubt about it.

I'll leave you with a picture of my supervisor's new baby girl, Samantha. He's out of the office till Monday, and as of yesterday, is tempted never to come back. :) With a baby this adorable, who can blame him?!


Hope you all have a great day!


7:58 AM

Comments:
She's a cutie.
Chocolate covered cows, eh?

Interview went well, yet i don't have a new job...i could have taken a teller position but its the hours thing that really hurts me. I need a desk job gosh darn it!
 
Aww she's adorable!!!

Chocolate covered cows?? hmmmm...nice! HAHA

Josh and I's sense of humor meshes extremely well too; sometimes I think others may think we are a little crazy...haha

Happy Wednesday!
 
Sometimes posts about nothing are the best ones!

And, gotta admit, was wondering about the "meowing car" thing...til I read your story and then I still thought it was weird...oh well, people are strange...

Have a great day!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers