Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Popularity & Reflection -

The sun actually came out this morning on my way to work. With the incredible amounts of rain we've been getting, it's a welcome change! We're still supposed to get thunderstorms today, but after today, there are only small chances of rain, thankfully. I do like the rain, to be honest, but I love some sunshine, too. Also, this is the only time that having a dog, and living in an apartment, isn't exactly thrilling.

While I was at the grocery store last night, I noticed that the adirondack style two-seater lounge chair was finally marked down. Ryan and I had been eyeing it for at least a month, but we refused to buy it until it was put on sale. Problem is, they were selling them so fast, I didn't think they'd last long enough to go on sale! There were only two left last night, so, after mentioning the sale price to Ryan when he got home, he went and picked one up. :) It looks great out on our deck, and I can already see us sitting out there together in the mornings.

I had my 40,000th visitor last night.. whoever lives in Dayton, Ohio, and uses Road Runner, congrats. :) Hard to believe I've been journaling since April 2004! Even harder to believe that my little journal has become somewhat popular enough to draw that many hits.

Were any of you popular in school? (before college, that is) Even though I was a little shy, I was friendly with everyone, but I wouldn't say I was "popular." When I was younger, I was chubby, and not the most attractive, but I genuinely liked everyone, and wanted them to like me as well. I had lots of friends. Though, I think my definition of popularity used to deal more with whoever was the most attractive/sought after, rather than the ones who were friends with everyone. I think my definition may have been incorrect. College was different, though.. women were harder to become friends with.. I saw a lot of backstabbing, gossiping and cattiness, and really saw no need for friends like that. I'm thankful for the friends I have now because of that.

Last night was incredible, for many reasons. To be honest, I really never knew I could ever experience so much joy as I do being married. Actually, I should probably rephrase that... I really never knew I could ever experience so much joy as I do being married to the right person for me. He blows me away. I'm excited about our future, and moreover, I'm excited about the here and now. Each day is a treasure.

I'm extremely reflective and sappy today ... better get my mind back to work. :) Hope you all have a great Tuesday!


7:11 AM

Comments:
That lounge chair sounds nice! awww...relaxation!!!

I was like you in high school, I was friends with a lot of people but I also wouldn't say I was popular. I viewed popularity the same way you did. And to an extent that is true. It was the "popular" girls that were more exclusive so they didn't excactly have the most friends.
 
Popular? Only in my dreams. I did have a lot of friends though but i was not in the bitchy popular group, which, if you think about it, they weren't really all that popular. High school was definately the best for me. Elementary school was the worst. It got better the less shy i got.

It's raining here right now. It was sunny when i took Frank to work at 6:30am...
 
I actually printed some recipes out (the internet is a wonderful thing) and i have a few ideas. So we'll see what happens. Frank doesn't like squash so it's all mine *insert evil laugh here*
 
i was just browsing through all of your pictures, mexico looks good right about now. that's where we went for our honeymoon last year. anyway, to comment on your comment, i wish my hair grew as fast as yours, i would love to have long hair. but i'm taking vitamins for it, so maybe it will start growing faster!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers