Well, it was definitely a great weekend! Ryan and I headed down to King's Dominion with my parents and my brother on Saturday morning, and spent the day with them. It got up to 90-something degrees, but the heat (surprisingly) really wasn't that bad at all.. the park wasn't too crowded, we got to ride a lot of our favorite rides, and play a couple of games. This was the first time we've all gone to King's Dominion in YEARS, and we had a really great time!
Word of advice... it is a BAD idea to do a really intense workout (including running, which I haven't done in MONTHS) the night before King's Dominion.. I was so incredibly sore after walking all day around the park. Plus, I really need new athletic shoes, which didn't help matters. Of course, I did manage to take a few pictures. :) Here we go..
My parents in line for the Volcano (Yes, my MOM rode the Volcano! We were all so impressed! :)
The Hypersonic
Ryan & I with our loot! (Yeah, Ryan won them both... I suck at games. March of the Penguins, anyone?)
The new for '06 Italian Job roller coaster It took the place of Diamond Falls... :( But it was a pretty good ride!
Sunday
Did some heavy duty cleaning, laundry, dishes, and dusting.. then we headed over to my parents' house to celebrate Father's Day. Brought a french silk pie. :) I gave my Dad a black and white, framed picture from the wedding... the one where he's giving me a hug after our Father/Daughter dance. It's a treasured picture to me, (really captured the emotion of the moment) and I knew he'd really love that, too.
Later in the afternoon, in the 95 degree heat, Ryan and I decided to wash and wax his truck. :) I definitely got a little bit of sun this weekend!
Here are a few pics from Sunday...
Jungle bird, Bella (incidentally, last night we accidentally left her out here all night!)
Some of the geese out on our pond
And now... the many sides of Tucker :
Curious Tucker
Playful Tucker
Big Dog Tucker (sporting his new harness)
Well, that's pretty much it. :) Had a fantastic weekend, and I'm ready for this new week ahead of me. Hope you all have a great day!
Looks like ya'll had fun!! I can't wait to go to an amusement park again! When we were supposed to leave Iceland this summer I was super excited about getting to go to Cedar Point (my birth mom lives about 20 minutes away from it) but now we won't be leaving until October so I'm bummed about that :-( Oh well. :-P