Tuesday, June 20, 2006

On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful -

I haven't placed background music on my journal in a looooong time, but I'm just kind of in the mood for it today. :) I've been listening to the 'No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems' Kenny Chesney CD lately, and I loooove this song. The whole CD really is made for summer. Enjoy! I'll probably take it down soon, because I know it's annoying when it restarts every time you open a new page. I'd make it a pop-up, but most people in this day and age have pop-up blockers.

Work was crazy busy, as usual. Afterwards, I grocery shopped and went to our new Home Goods store, which I just LOVE. I could do some serious spending in that store... but I don't. I did, however, finally find 4 plates for our pretty plate rack. (which is still sitting in the laundry room, waiting to be hung up) $2.99 each! They're all different, but match, and they kind of reminded me of a "Perfect Pear" theme. I'll post pictures once they're up!

I made almond crusted chicken, mashed potatoes, and asparagus last night, served with some white wine. I was just in the mood to make a nice meal, and it's kind of like comfort food. It was all delish. :) It was also the first time I've ever used my cuisinart chopper (to chop the almonds) and my gosh, what a difference that thing makes. It used to take me 30 minutes just to crush the sliced almonds by hand..

I was telling one of my coworkers the other day how my all-time, must-see place that I'd LOVE to travel to (some day) is Bora Bora, Tahiti. "Oh my gosh! I was watching a special on Bora Bora recently!" she exclaimed. Not 5 minutes after our chat, I get an e-mail from her with a link to one of the resorts in Bora Bora. I just HAVE to share this... click here. They have the overwater bungalows, which are, of course, amazing, but they also have links to webcams! (middle of the left side) Bora Bora and Moorea are so beautiful. Anyway, it's unbelievably pricey.. not just for the accomodations, but even the meals, and the boat ride to and from the resort. On the one hand, I'd love if we could save for a trip like that... it'd be a trip of a lifetime! But on the other hand... I then think of what we could put all of that money towards.. something tangible, and real. (like.. a contribution to our house fund!) It's an inner battle. :)

What's the one place you guys would absolutely just love to go to? I'm curious!

Hope you all have a great day!


8:22 AM

Comments:
I love that CD I used to have it but I think someone took it. Maybe I need to reinvest in it! Ok ok...you need to share your recipes girl!! It always sounds so delish!! PLEASE!!! hehe
Ok one place I would love to go was always Australia but really I'd love to go any where tropical like Bora Bora. I love the ocean, sand, and beautiful weather...it is like Heaven on Earth...dreams...

Thanks for your supportive words! They mean a lot. I am thankful to have friends that I can vent to about my emotions and life.
 
Im very excited about this trip!!! It'll be nice to actually go somewhere for a change and hopefully i will have a job where i can take off around christmas. That's a no-no time here at the store. It's our busiest time of year!!!
 
Yep, Cedar Point is in Sandusky, Ohio, and it's the King Bee of amusement parks :-P lol. I definitely recommend going there if you like rollercoasters. Michael HATES rollercoasters and I LOVE them so that definitely creates problems. haha. :-D He prefers the other rides, like the spinning kind, but those kind of rides make me sick :-P

Angela
 
This is kind of a weird place to want to go, but I've always wanted to go to Easter Island and see the monoliths. It just looks so cool and fascinating to me. Those huge faces would probably scare me and excite me at the same time! lol But it just looks so cool.
 
I've been to Disney about 5 times in my life. I love it more now that im older and i can appreciate it more. Disney is not for children;)
 
Aaaaaaaand, mute. O:-)
Sorry! I know, I'm terrible...

I think I've seen those webcams before :) GORGEOUS! :)

This may sound weird, but the first place I want to go (after I save the cash) is Europe, especially England and Austria/Switzerland. But if I could only travel one place in my life.... I think I'd have to pick the Seychelles islands in Africa :) SO beautiful :)

That's 4 places, isn't it.... ;)
 
I would love to just travel with my husband but If I had to go one place it would be Hawaii Because I have never been there and neither has he. Have a great day your meal sounds great.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers