I just checked my e-mail, and my Sephora order is being shipped today!! I ordered my Frederic Fekkai Glossing Shampoo (a splurge, but my gosh, the difference it makes) and Smashbox Foundation Primer. I had received a free sample of the primer in my last order, and it's a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Especially in heat of the summer, it helps keep my make-up from running during the day. Ryan said it was okay if I got it. :)
Ryan really doesn't like make-up at all. He'd much rather me be wearing nothing, or little to do nothing, on my face. At first I thought, "yeah, sure, that's what you THINK," because, lets face it, make-up helps, and no one has a completely perfect complexion. Certainly not me! Last Saturday, when we went to King's Dominion, I wore just some tinted moisturizer, a little blush, and waterproof mascara. He LOVED it, and said he wished I'd just wear that all the time. So, guess what I'm doing? Yep, he's pretty happy about this.
After a long, hard look at our budget, we've decided to pay more per month towards Ryan's student loans. We're trying very hard to get out of the debt that we have, and if we kept paying the minimum they ask for, we'd be paying those things off for YEARS!! So, rather than $50 a month, for each of the two loans, we'll be doing $200 a month per loan. At that rate, we'll have them both paid off in less than 2 1/2 years. :) Hooray for no more loans!!
I know I'm probably off my rocker, but I enjoy paying bills. I'm not sure why that is, really. So I guess that makes today a good day, since I have a few of them to pay. :)
We decided to renew our lease at the apartment for one more year. We had wanted to do a month-by-month lease, until we could find something we want to buy, but the difference in monthly payments was absurd. So, we'll have one more year of lower-than-a-mortgage payments, in which we'll be able to pay things off, put some in savings, and look at possible homes without being rushed.
The really GOOD thing about this is that, this year, our apartment complex decided to give everyone an incentive to stay. If you renew your lease, which we are going to do, you get $500 bonus bucks, which you can use $100 at a time, each month. So! Our rent will be $100 less, per month, for 5 months! How great is that? Plus, with Sarah and Keith moving in, we're getting a referral bonus. :) I forget how much that is.. $300 or something.
There are other happy things, but I'll save that for tomorrow. I've got lots of work to get to! Hope you all have a GREAT day! :)
Wow those are some nice incentives! My sister and her husband lived in their apartment for two years before paying a house and they paid things off and saved money and that helped make the transition to paying more monthly for the house a lot easier.