For one, it's FRIDAY!!! If that's not a happy thing, I certainly don't know what is.
I couldn't mention anything yesterday, just in case my Mom would get suspicious. See, it's her birthday on Saturday, and we'll be visiting Ryan's folks over the weekend. She called me yesterday afternoon, and was asking, "So, did you guys decide when you're driving down yet?" I had to lie, and told her, "no, we're still deciding between either Friday night or early Saturday morning.. I guess we need to figure that out soon!" She seemed a bit down about that, because I KNOW she was thinking that I was forgetting about her birthday. I felt so bad, but I didn't want to let on that she was going to be in for a surprise a bit later. :)
I ran around yesterday like a chicken with it's head cut off, not only getting things ready for Mom's surprise, but also getting our apartment in order, and starting to pack. I headed over to my parents' house, and met my Dad.. we chatted while I got things ready. Shortly after that, Ryan arrives. I fix the guys some pizza, and we wait for Mom.
We hear the garage door, so we all get in place, and....
SURPRISE!!!
We sang Happy Birthday as she stood there, totally shocked. :) "Where are your cars?!" she asked. "We parked them over at the tennis courts," I said. It took her a little while to unravel the story, and she was so surprised!! Here she thought I had forgotten all about her, but I really was planning her a little family party. :)
The table set up with her fresh flowers, balloon, CHEESECAKE, (decorated by me) and pink everything! It was kind of a pink theme. :)
Close-up of the cheesecake..
So, it was just a little something special to make sure she knows that I love her, and did indeed think about her on her birthday. :) Over the years, my Mom really has come to mean more and more to me... she gives me incredible support, great advice, and she truly is my friend. I don't know what I'd do without her! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!
As I mentioned, we'll be down visiting Ryan's parents this weekend. :) Should be fun! Going to the gym Saturday morning with Mom S., and maybe doing some gardening? Hopefully the rain holds off! :) Also, Ryan will be helping his Dad with some trimwork in their master bathroom, which they're re-doing.
Well, hope you all have a GREAT weekend! Feel free to wish my Mom a Happy Birthday in the comments, (on here, preferably not xanga) since she does read my journal. :) See you all Monday~!
That is so sweet of you to surprise your mom! I wish I lived closer to my parents and was able to do that for them occasionally...unfortunately they are 5 hours away!
To Emily's mom: You have a wonderful daughter who would do all of this in order to allow you to have a great birthday. All daughters should be as sweet:)
Emily - What a great idea!! My mom always gets little depressed around her birthday. She normally tells us not to worry about getting us anything, but my sister and I always make a big deal about it. It normally always cheers her up!! And that cheesecake looks amazing!! My favorite dessert is cheesecake!!! Yum!! You're such a good daughter!!
Emily that was very nice that you did that for your mom and she was surprised and tell your mom that tina and I said happy birthday too!!! That cheesecake looks very good how is ryan doing and of course tucker? Have a great day from both of us !! Shawn