Monday, June 26, 2006

Down Came the Rain -

I'm awfully sleepy this morning. I guess that's what happens when your hubby can't come to bed when you do, and then wakes you up around 2 AM to say that 495, and all roads around it, were closed due to mudslides. Mudslides? Yes, I was extremely out of it by the time he came to bed, but I'm pretty darn sure he said mudslides. He had to meet a new employee out at a jobsite last night at midnight. I pretty much tossed and turned without him there. He's still at home, sleeping, as I type this. :)

We really had a GREAT weekend, I must say. We drove down after work on Friday to visit Ryan's parents. Mom S. and I headed to the gym on Saturday morning, and met up with Kendra, my sister-in-law. I've gotta say, the gym they belong to is awesome--I was like a little kid in a candy store, looking around at all of their equipment! I'm used to the little gym at our apartment complex, which is really well equipped considering it's an apartment gym, but still.. it's an apartment gym. I did just half an hour of cardio, then a routine with free weights, lunges, and ab work, then we went around using all of the different weight machines; legs, arms, and abs. We ended up working out for about an hour and a half. I was in heaven!!

We gardened after the gym, since we were already sweaty. Cut back some overgrown plants, pulled weeds, and put down mulch until it began to rain about 3 hours or so later. The rain was pretty much a blessing, though, because I was incredibly sore by then! Gardening in and of itself is quite a workout, and that was on top of our morning workout.

Ryan and his Dad worked on their master bathroom, adding the base, shoe molding, chair rail cap, chair molding, and side beads. (or something like that) It looked fantastic!

Sunday was interesting. When I woke up, I decided to quickly run to the store for coffee cake mix, to have with our breakfast, and some orange juice. It was raining, so I grabbed my umbrella and headed down to our parking lot. I was looking around, and didn't see my car anywhere. Then it dawned on me.. my car was at Ryan's office, because we met there on Friday before our trip! :( Ryan, being the amazing husband that he is, drove me to the store. I can't drive his truck, because it's manual, and, well... I can't drive manual!

The coffee cake turned out excellent. I was cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast, and went to put the carton of eggs back in the fridge, when it slipped from my hands. The nearly-full carton of eggs spilled all over the floor. If you've never had the pleasure of cleaning eggs off of tile floor, (which I hadn't) I can honestly say that it's not very fun.. I didn't even know where to start. Once I finally got it all cleaned, and disinfected, I noticed Tucker at the door. No sooner had I noticed him, when he decided to pee right there at the door. (At least our entryway is tile.) After cleaning THAT up, I decided that my day was not going well at all, and it would've been better if I had stayed in bed!

The afternoon turned out to be nice and relaxing, though. It was mainly spent in our living room, listening to the rain, as Ryan watched the race, and I read my book on the couch. The rain alternated between slight drizzle to downright downpour throughout the day, with the storm climaxing around 6 in the evening, with thunder, lightning, and a torrentual downpour that caused the field behind us to flood. It didn't let up that much before Ryan had to drive out to that jobsite 6 hours later, thus the cause for the mudslides, and road closures. Fun night, eh?

I'm determined that it will be a great day today, though. :) I may head to Starbucks for a mocha frap. in just a bit. Work is busy as ever, but it's nicer now that my supervisor is back from paternity leave, so I only have to worry about MY work again.

Hope you all have a great Monday!


7:05 AM

Comments:
Sounds like a great weekend overall. I'm glad yesterday turned out well for you. I've had those days before too.

I hope you have a good day. A mocha frapp sounds just delish!
 
MUDSLIDES?
With the weather we've been having, i believe it!!! I slid in the mud myself this morning, making myself even LATER to work...me thinks it's going to be one of those days.

I am Faye, btw...it's the story of my puckbunny-dom. (Puckbunny being a girl who chases hockey players.)
 
I'm reading a book by Nicolas Sparks, it's called the Rescue, and I'm also reading Flags of Our Fathers. I LOVE reading, and I usually go through 2 or 3 books a week. Michael likes to read, but doesn't think he's very good at it, so sometimes, when he wants to read a book but thinks it's too long, I read it to him. That's what we're doing with Flags of our Fathers, and I have to admit, it's hard for me to do, because I can read for hours and hours, but Michael can only deal with me reading to him for about an hour, so it's going painstakingly slow :-P

Have a great day!

Angela
 
i emailed you a SLIGHT description...but you're not supposed to know who they are.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers