Friday, June 16, 2006

Congrats Are In Order!

I found out last night that my cousin Brad is engaged!! He proposed to his girlfriend, Liz, on the beach in Florida, where her family lives. (the picture on the right is of them on the beach earlier this year) All I know is that they'll be getting married next summer sometime. I am so, so excited for them! Ah, weddings. :) I haven't met Liz yet, but hear that she's really nice. Brad will be the fourth of "the cousins" in the family to get married, (I was the third) unless, of course, one of my other cousins elopes or something. Possible? Yes. Not likely, though.

Even though it feels like we've been married forever, I have pretty fond memories of the planning of our wedding. Sure, it was hectic.. we had all of 5 months to get everything together! I had a lot of help, though.. my Mom, and Em, mostly! My cousins (and bridesmaids) were a huge help, too. And of course, I made sure Ryan had a say in everything, since it was just as much his wedding as it was mine. I'm just so, so, so very thankful that we didn't have a long engagement! Our one year anniversary of getting engaged hasn't even occurred yet, (it's coming up in July) but we've already been married over 6 months.. that is pretty cool.

Tomorrow, we'll be heading down to King's Dominion! I'm super excited, because I absolutely love roller coasters, it's the best park of all the ones I've been to, and we haven't been there since '04. My Dad's company is having their summer picnic there this year, and they still consider me as my Dad's "child," even though I'm married, which means I go free. Ryan's ticket was discounted, too! It's crazy how much ticket prices have gone up over the years... my family and I used to go every single year as my brother and I were growing up, so I remember when ticket prices were in the 20's. :) Of course, they have tons of new rides now, and the water park..

Anyway, it's supposed to be a really hot weekend... high of 93 tomorrow! We're thinking our strategy may be to ride a water ride, then a roller coaster, then another water ride, etc. It'll be fun regardless of the temperature!

Hope you all have a great weekend!


7:36 AM

Comments:
Have fun at Kings Dominion!!! Ive been by there, never inside though.
 
Awww congrats to your cousin!! That is great!!!

My sister was engaged just a little over a year before getting married and she had the really nice "fairy-tale" wedding (though I'm sure she would have been just as happy to get married in her PJ's in bed..haha) My mom said to me the other day; that she would have expected me to have the real wedding not my sister...however, i probably won't have a wedding AND probably won't use that dress I have...haha...dang dress...
ok sorry for going off on a tangent there!

Have a great weekend and have a blast at the park!!
 
Love them but i can't go on them anymore because of my back.
 
OMG! Running errands in the wedding dress! I love it! How many weird looks would one get?? It would almost be worth it. . . I've forgotten what my dress looks like on...lol...damn I should have taken more pictures!!! :o)
 
ooooo he should be very careful!!!
 
We got season tickets to Kings Dominion in the Fall/Winter when they were cheap and we STILL haven't made it down there. We're hoping to go the last week of June (when I have my summer vacation).
Have a great time!:)
 
have fun on the rides. ; ) it is supposed to be hot i've heard.. dress light. ; )

you and your cousin look alike.
 
cool ;) yea good looks run in the family, huh? hehe ;)
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers