What a weekend! It was our first weekend in a long time with absolutely zero plans, and it was fantastic. I woke up a bit after sunrise on Saturday morning, while Ryan was still snoozing, and thought, "Ooo, I could go work out! Ooo, I could water all of our flowers!" Then I promptly fell back asleep. That's what Saturdays are good for.
After getting ourselves presentable, we hopped in the car, not knowing where we were going. After some deliberation, we wound up at Carmax. :) Yep, we decided to look around and test drive a car or two. The one thing I love about Carmax is that the sales people don't pester you! I've been on lots where you haven't even stopped the car, and already there were sales people headed towards you, like vultures. No thanks, I'll just keep going.
We looked at the Ford Escape... we weren't impressed. Looked at the Honda Pilot.. pricey. We looked at the 4Runner.. in our dreams! Then we looked at the Ford Freestyle.. which I didn't even know existed. Sapphire blue, '05, black leather seats, all-wheel drive, limited edition... yep, we were in love. We took it for a test drive, and took turns driving. Less than 5k miles on it. It's at the top of our price range, but my gosh.. we loved it. However, we have a Consumer Reports subscription, and Ryan wanted to check out what they said about it.. and look around a bit to make sure it's a good price.
Well, it was a very good price, apparently, and it has gotten good reviews to boot, but by the time we looked at the website again, it was gone. Darn!
I surprised Ryan by making a chocolate pie on Saturday. I'd never made one before, and was trying out a new recipe. It smelled delicious, and looked good coming out of the oven.. but I was still worried it wouldn't taste good, and it'd all be a flop. We had steak, (our staple "special meal" choice) mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob on Saturday night, outside on the deck, then I brought out the pie. A bit of whipped cream on top, with a hershey kiss, and voila! It got Ryan's seal of approval... as well as my parents', when we brought it over to their house on Sunday. Mmm! Here's a link to the recipe. :) Very rich, and oh-so good.
The weather was gorgeous all weekend, but a bit too cool for swimming. Last night, we took Tucker out for a good long walk. I'm really loving this cooler weather, because I know the super hot weather is right around the corner. ;-)
Ryan called not too long ago... and the Freestyle is back on the carmax website. I guess the pending sale didn't go through. Hmmm. Well, we shall see what happens.
Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Car shopping or looking is always fun! The freestyle is the one up from the Focus I believe (its a relatively new model car, if I recall correctly) I like them too but atleast I won't be getting a new car for a while.
You need to submit that recipe to our Xanga recipe site: www.xanga.com/YummyRecipes
Please submit i1 I just tried to print it out and it didn't go through. Let's just say that i woke up this am to find that Frank's friend had stayed in our guest room with my friend Erin from Baltimore. I had to knock on the door to get him to move his car so i could go to work this morning. AWKWARD!!!
That sounds like a cool car, My husband and I are looking at new cars too. Although my parents had fords and they were all Lemons so I hope that this one isn't one. I will check out that link. Happy 6 month anniversary. Tina