What a morning! Ryan had to be up at 5 to get to his early morning meeting in Beltsville, so I was up and at 'em as well. I've been here at work since 7! That never happens! As much as I cherish my sleep, there's something kinda nice about getting up super early that I really do like.
Well, Tucker has a vet appointment at 4 today... shhh, don't tell him. I don't think he'll be very happy once we get there. I'm not very familiar with the vaccine schedule for puppies, but he was up-to-date on them when we bought him nearly two weeks ago. I know there are rounds of vaccines and boosters that you need to give a puppy to give them a foundation of immunity, which Tucker will definitely need considering how many different dogs he's around at our apartment community. (it's one of the very few dog-friendly complexes--almost everyone has a dog!)
So, I was just on the 1800PetMeds website. Does anyone know of any other similar sites? I'm wanting to compare prices. Anyway, I printed out two pages--one for Heartguard and one for K-9 Advantix, to bring with me to the vet. (Anyone else absolutely LOVE the singing Advantix puppy?! Oh my goodness!) If they can give me a comparable price, I'll get them from the vet, but I know a lot of vets will hike up the prices. I'd like to have at LEAST the Advantix before we head down to Ryan's parents' house this weekend. Fleas and ticks are already out, and we don't want to go down that road. (especially after the flea debacle with Kylie! Ha!) Whew, dog stuff is expensive, though. For four months of Advantix, and 6 months of Heartguard, it'd be 83 bucks. Plus, we'll be paying for the vet visit, and any vaccines he needs. Fun, fun!
Well, my coworkers are taking me out today for my birthday lunch at Rio Grande. (delicious Mexican food!) We were going to go out on Monday, but had an unexpected training session during the lunch hour, so we're going today. It's also supposed to rain all day... but we can always use a little bit more rain, I guess. Hopefully the weekend will be nice, though! That's all that matters.
Back to work! I'm sad that Xanga will be down till 2 PM... I won't be able to read everyone's morning updates!! How are you all doing? :)
I get all my dog stuff here http://www.petsuppliesnet.com/list.htm It's cheap! I have 3 dogs and get the Frontline Plus and it's only about $75 for all three with shipping (for 3 months, however . . .) But I have shopped around quite a bit for things like this and have found this place has the best price! It takes about 2 weeks to get here, so you need to make sure to order about a month in advance for his next dosage.
The puppy vaccines are a pain in the butt! Because Cal was nearly 4 months old by the time we got him, we didn't have to do as many, but even so... they're expensive at the beginning, but so worth it! :)
As for the flea/tick medications, my vet gave me free samples of Frontline Plus and Heartguard when I took Cal in for his first appointment with her. In all actuality, you may want to look into Frontline Plus (make sure it's the Plus, not the regular!) as opposed to Advantix... we've been told by multiple vets and have found from personal experience that it's by far the best at repelling ticks, which is really important considering that our backyard is surrounded by woods. Just a thought... We buy ours off of Ebay, and that's been the best price we've been able to find for purchasing several months' worth at once.