Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Starbucks Kind of Morning -

Happy, Happy! Just checked my e-mail, and.... Ryan's big birthday gift is being delivered today!! I can't say what it is yet, just in case he happens to read my journal today. (never know with him :)

He most likely won't have much time, though, since he's out on a boat right now. Yep, a boat. His company does this thing where each sales rep is supposed to invite a whole bunch of their clients to go fishing with them on this chartered boat, and of course Ryan gets to go along with his reps. ;-) Then he's got this contracting company's big annual dinner thing tonight, so he won't get home till around 7:30 or so. He's going to be INCREDIBLY tired, since he had to leave the house at 3:15 AM this morning!!!

I'm not exactly the most well-rested this morning, either. I was awake for a while after he left the house, then his pager woke me up at 4:30, and I promptly stuffed it in the dirty clothes basket so I wouldn't hear it again, THEN the dog was ready to get up at 5:45. *yawn* But, as always, Starbucks makes it alllllll better.

Oh! And my contacts are on their way, too! Not sure when they'll arrive, as I've never used 1-800-contacts before, but they were way cheaper, and I'm in dire need of new contacts.

Speaking of the dog... we are very happy with him!! He has officially learned how to "sit." :) Doesn't seem like a big deal, especially since I had THE smartest dog alive when I was growing up. That dog ("Lexy," a border collie/golden retriever mix) could go get the newspaper, roll over, sit, speak, give both paws, turn around in circles, (taught her how to do that after seeing a dog on a commercial do it :) plus, you could point to something, anything, and tell her to "get it," and she would. She was the smartest dog ever. Pugs, however, aren't exactly well-known for their great intelligence. :) In fact, they are very stubborn! Thankfully, though, they are VERY food-motivated, and I don't think it'll be as difficult to train him as I previously thought. He learned "sit" after 5 tries.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful day! :)


7:29 AM

Comments:
Very stubborn indeed! haha. Tai knows sit, stay, and come. I didn't try to teach her too much else. Those are the three I really cared about. However, she needs to work on stay as she has tried to run out my front door a couple of times...

Sounds like Ryan has a busy day ahead of him and I want to know what the big gift is...you've peaked my interest..lol.

Happy Hump Day!
 
So I was just looking at Tucker's link... he was born on my brother's sixth birthday - in other words, that's a good birthday to have! :)

Hope your week is going well, and thanks for the support & prayers - it's appreciated.

.ashlee.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers