Friday, at last!! :) I couldn't be more thrilled that it's the weekend! We'll be driving up to PA after work, and we'll be staying with Ryan's best friend, Derek, his wife, Emily, and their two kids. We haven't been able to see their newest baby, Gavin, yet, so we're excited about that, too! Emily was pregnant with Gavin at our wedding. :)
Anyway, Tucker will be staying at a kennel while we're gone. I trust them, though, since my parents used them for years with our two dogs. It's a really nice place, and they recently added onto the building, so it's bigger and nicer. I doubt Tucker will be too upset about it all. :) Though, we're extremely happy with him this morning! Ryan accidentally fell back asleep after the 3 AM alarm, so he didn't take Tucker out. Miraculously, Tucker wound up sleeping through the WHOLE NIGHT! I think the fact that he chased a tennis ball around last night with his best doggie friend, Figaro, for close to an hour may have helped with that. ;-) He was pretty exhausted.
My hubby just hired a new sales rep this week, and the new guy started on Wednesday. Since he didn't expect the guy to be able to start so soon, Ryan has had a LOT of work to do to get this guy all set up and ready to go. Plus, he has already had to start with his training. The good news is.. this guy sounds PERFECT, and has already shown that he's a quick learner. Plus, the guy is super-motivated, which is exactly what Ryan needs.
Anyway, he wound up having to work overtime last night, and didn't get home till 7:30. I made use of my extra time by getting in a GREAT workout at the gym. 40 minutes of cardio, split between two machines, and 20 minutes of weights. Then I worked on abs once I got home. It's so gross to see people doing floor exercises at our gym. There have been studies done, and the germiest place in the whole gym is not a machine, or the weights... it's the FLOOR. So, I don't do floor exercises till I get home.
I feel nice and sore this morning, and my body is all tight. I'm probably crazy, but I love the feeling, because I know it means I worked extra hard.
Mmm, strawberries. I brought a carton into work, because I got a great deal on them, and they'll go bad over the weekend. 2 cartons for $5! (they're usually $3.99 a carton) Can't beat that. :)
Well, LOTS of work to do! I'm leaving early today, so I've got a bunch of stuff to get done before then. Hope you all have a great day, and a wonderful weekend!! :)
Its right in the center of the Susquehanna River in harrisburg. If you pass on 83 north, you can kinda see it from the bridge. You guys should bring Tucker up there one night. There's plenty of dogs for him to sniff and play with at any given moment. Everyone brings their dogs out on a nice night in the island. Even walking down Front st in Harrisburg...TONS of dogs!!! Its the thing to do in the city on a nice night, which it may not be tonight if it rains...
I cannot fathom laying on the floor of the gym -- but then I don't belong to a well lit commercial chain gym. The gym I go to looks more like the dirty gym in Rocky or Million Dollar Baby (only its for weights not boxing).
I can do that portion of the workout at home - or even at work since there is a nice setup there for workouts (and since I tend to do a majority of the cleaning there myself, I can say that the work showers and kitchen and floor are indeed clean if I am there that day).