Monday, May 22, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and the Amish -

Another great, but busy weekend! Let me just say, I'm so glad that Ryan was able to drop Tucker off at the kennel, because I would've been so sad if I had to do it. It was so strange coming home on Friday and seeing an empty crate... aww. But I was able to pack our suitcase and clean up a bit in peace, which isn't something I'm used to anymore. ;-)

We got a little lost, since we had never been to Derek & Emily's new place, but we finally arrived just before 9 PM on Friday evening. They moved to Quarryville, which is surrounded by Amish and Mennonites. I've never seen so many horses and buggies! I really got a kick out of it. :)

Saturday was spent mainly outside, as the rain and clouds dissipated, and the sun came out in full force. Their newest baby, Gavin, is adorable! He's 3 months old, and his older sister Grace is 20 months. We couldn't get over how BIG Grace has gotten! She was closer to Gavin's age the last time we saw her. She is pretty much the cutest little girl, ever. Seriously. I was in heaven, as I was able to play with them both all weekend.

It really made me excited about having our own kids... Ryan was so good with both of them, and he's going to be a really great Daddy. I haven't been able to see him interact with babies or little kids very often.. but it melted my heart.

And of course, I have some pictures!

Sleepy Gavin :)

The cutest kids! Gavin & Grace

It was hard to get a picture of both of them without it turning out blurry. I tried just seconds before to catch Grace giving Gavin kisses... it was too adorable!

Before we knew it, the weekend was over, and we had to head home. We happened to see this bridge as we were leaving, and Ryan pulled over so I could take a picture. :)

We had a really great time up in PA... if Ryan could find a good job up there, we'd move in a heartbeat. Seriously! It's a totally different kind of life.

We got home and unpacked, then I went to pick up Tucker. I watched 4 people in front of me pick up their dogs, which a staff member would look up in their computer. But when I told them I was there for Tucker, the guy says, "the pug?" Ha! "You know who I'm talking about.. is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I asked. "Oh, everyone loves that dog," he told me. Awww.

He called for someone to come up front, and he told her that he needed her to go get Tucker. "Awww, the baby?" she squealed. I couldn't believe he made such an impression! When she came back out with him, he was over-the-moon excited to see me, as I was to see him. :) I missed the pup! I asked how he did, and she told me, "Oh, he was great.. he loved playing with the BIG dogs, and everyone just loved him." (the BIG dogs comment made sense.. his favorite doggie friend is over 80 pounds!)

After a bizarre and frustrating night that is too long to get into, (we were supposed to help out at a charity auction event, and COULDN'T FIND IT!!!) after over an hour of driving around, we ended up going out to eat at the Original Steakhouse. Yum!! Hey, we were already dressed up.. might as well. We wore the dog out playing catch once we got home, and he once again slept through the night. We plan on doing the same thing EVERY night so we can get a good night's sleep again! :)

If you've made it through this far, I'm impressed. :) Hope you all had a GREAT weekend, and I hope it's a great day for you all!



7:26 AM

Comments:
That bridge is gorgeous, I can't imagine seeing things like that all around my home! I'd love to live somewhere like that too! I'm glad Tucker did so well at the Kennel! Sounds like all the staff members fell in love =) Hope you have a good day!!
 
Sounds like a very busy weekend! Grace and Gavin are too adorable! Such cute babies!!

My parents oldest pug got boarded as a puppy and she had run of the kennel. They let her out all day. It's something about pugs!

I'm glad you had a great weekend!

Happy Monday!

(you're near D.C. right? I know they have some dog parks up there. My mom's friend take her pugs to one.)
 
He needs to find a job up here;)
 
LOL :) When Clancy stayed at the vet overnight to get fixed, they called us at 8am (instead of the scheduled 2pm) to say "Can you come and get your dog?" :) He wasn't *quite* so well loved as Tucker ;)
The kennel at the shore liked him, though :)

LOVE YOU BUDDY! :)
 
You were actually near where I live. I live in Lititz and my cousin lives in Quarryville. I grew up with a lot of amish neighbors. Its truly remarkable how they live. Anyway if you want to ever read about them the Beverly Lewis series is wonderful. I am glad you had a great time. If you have any other questions of Lancaster area in lititz let me know I can tell you some of the attractions. If you ever come up again maybe we could meet or something. If you wanted to that is. I greatly respect you. The fact that you stand strong in your faith is amazing. I hope we can become friends. Have a great day I am praying for you. Tucker is so cute. You are so blessed. I pray that God keeps blessing you.
 
that pix of the bridge is really cool! ; ) it's finding beauty in the little things i say. ; )
the kids are cute too. : )

you guys will have adorable kids.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers