Wow, what a weekend! I'm thinking of ways to describe it, and that's all that's coming to me. It was wonderful! Started off as usual.. woke up on Saturday and Ryan and I both started cleaning. He shampooed the carpets in our entire apartment while I did dishes, laundry, dusting, watered the flowers, organized and washed down the countertops. Everything was sparkling! Since we couldn't be walking around on newly shampooed carpets, we both went and got desperately needed haircuts.
From there, we headed to my parents' house, where they surprised me by giving me my gift early... an American Express gift card!! :) My Mom was on her way to the mall when we got there, (big sales!) so they gave it to me early so I could go shopping with her.. and actually be able to buy something. I ended up using it towards a new outfit from Express! New dress pants, (they have THE best dress pants.. I'm kinda picky about my pants) and a new dressy top.
Sunday.. after a really, really great service at church, we changed and headed over to my parents' house with Tucker. I was able to choose the menu.. homemade chicken 'n' dumplin's! Followed by the most yummy birthday cake--devil's food with angel icing. Mmm. She has been making it ever since I can remember.
Now, onto the pictures! :)
The delicious cake, beautiful roses, and birthday cards.
Me with my adorable birthday present!
Awwww.. the sweet pup!!
Tucker doing what he does best... eating my hair!
Blowing out my candles..
First birthday as a married woman :)
With my Dad :)
And, of course.. Tucker Pictures!!!
He's already getting bigger!
"Uncle" Daniel holding Tucker :) See? He does tricks.. like.. touching his nose with his tongue. So talented!
Aww.. my Dad's holding him now. Yep, even my parents love him!
This is easily my favorite picture of him.
When we got home last night, I had two more surprises! My MIL and FIL and Ryan's Aunt Denise and Uncle Ed had sent birthday cards! :) Definitely a fantastic, full, and wonderful weekend. I felt so loved.
Happy Happy birthday! Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! I love birthdays and family. Great Combo! Tucker is getting so big..Hes such a cutie! have a great day hun!