First off, I just wanted to apologize and say that I was NOT directing my rant towards the few of you that are protected. I LOVE you guys! You can do whatever the heck you want; it won't bother me. :)
Okay, now that that's out of the way. ;-) Yesterday wound up being a very loooong day. Ryan had my car, ("our" car) because he needed to take it to the DMV and get new license plate stickers, as we found out they had expired. Whoops. So, I was stuck at work, since I can't drive his truck, till close to 6:00 before he could pick me up. Yep, 7:30 AM-6:00 PM! I have a tremendous amount of respect for my husband, as that's a NORMAL day for him!! (though my work doesn't stop when I leave work... I work at home till my hubby gets home! :)
One nice thing, though, was that I was able to cover for our receptionist from 4-5, which helped the time go by. (you're allowed to surf online in between taking calls if there's no other work up there) So, I mostly spent my time on thenest.com. I wound up getting into two debates over divorce and submission. (two different topics, not related!) How crazy is it that I get blasted on one board for saying that marriage is worth saving, especially with children involved? I guess both topics really are related, though, seeing as they're both affected by extreme feminism. (another volatile issue, apparently)
So, I was taking Tucker out to potty this morning at 6 AM. I had to take him out to the front yard, because some other guy was out back with his dog, where we usually go, and I didn't want to get Tucker all riled up. Anyway, so I'm standing there, minding my own business, when I feel something brush against my back. I had a windbreaker type thing on, and it made a funny noise. I look behind me--nothing. What the heck? So, I crouch down, and I'm playing with Tucker, when it happens again. Yet again, I don't see anything. I'm getting weirded out by now! So, it happens one more time. This time, I happen to see this bird fly behind me, and land in a close tree. The bird then squawks at me from where it's perched. That stupid bird had the gall to fly right smack into me! I guess it was being territorial over it's nest or something, but dang it, I'm not letting a bird get the better of me! So, as we were heading inside, I made a point to walk straight to where the bird was perched, and scared him off. Blasted bird needs to know who's the dominant one around here! :)
I came inside and was telling Ryan about this dumb bird, (not sure what kind it was.. it was grey, black, and white, with a big tail) to which he replies, "that happened to me the other day, too!" So, we've determined they need to post a "beware of birds" sign out front. ;-) Blasted birds.
(Oh, and Tucker slept well again last night!!!! Thank you, God!)
youre a lot braver than I am... by the second brush I would have been running inside and screaming like a baby thinking someone was trying to get me.. I hate taking Bo out by myself at night or the early morning..There are too many creeps and Ive heard to many scary apt stories lately.. *shudder* Glad you showed that bird who was boss...
Its funny that you had a bird story..My devotional had a bird story too!
Like I said to Meg, I miss you! And I cannot wait to find a job where my butt is in a chair and my face is in a computer ;-) Have a fab day sweetie!
Oh, and thanks for inviting me to your page @ my space.. Unfortunatly, its not doing anything for me (Im too addicted to Xanga) So Im getting rid of it...
Yep, that was a mocking bird. And they're VICIOUS. You might want to steer clear as they usually only get like that when they have eggs or babies in the nest that they're trying to protect. We had one in the front yard right by our door. It never bothered us until one spring and then it started dive bombing at us! When my mom figured out that it was just protecting the offspring, we went out the back door for the rest of the spring, just out of respect.