Wednesday, April 19, 2006

NewlyWedded -

What a beautiful day!! Bright and sunny, and it's going to get to 75 today. Gorgeous!

Last night, right before falling asleep, Ryan told me that he thinks we shouldn't watch as much TV at night. We really don't watch that much, honestly, but especially with warm weather on the way, there's sooo much more to do at night than watch TV. We don't even have cable, that's how low of a priority TV is for us.. haha.

About two weeks ago, Ryan calls me saying his Palm Pilot, which had all of his appointments, addresses, phone numbers, and important dates in it... has died. It completely wiped everything off. He was so upset. We both knew we'd need to get him a new one, because he needs it for work, but I was seriously wondering the other day how the heck we'd be able to afford the $450 Dell Palm pilot that he wanted to get. I was praying about it all morning, and then I got an e-mail from Ryan around noon. Apparently, his coworker's friend bought the exact Palm Pilot that Ryan wanted a month ago, then decided to switch to a new Blackberry. So... he wanted to know if Ryan would be interested in it.. for $150! The guy has barely even touched the thing. Ryan e-mailed me, telling me the story, and wanting to know if I thought it'd be a good idea. YES!!!! God is so, so good.

I'm also excited today! I've got two things ending on eBay in roughly one hour... Money! ;-) Between the two auctions, it will just about pay for the Palm Pilot, too. Definitely a plus! I love eBay... I've been an eBay member since 1998, and have 173 positive feedback. Kind of crazy that I've bought and sold that many things in 8 years!

Okay, so Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes finally had their baby.. a girl.. named Suri. Am I the only one who thinks that's a downright ugly name? Then there's Brooke Shields' new baby girl's name, Grier. A girl.. named Grier. What is it with celebrities and their total inability to give a child a proper name? I mean, lets see... there's Apple, Moses, Coco, Suri, Grier, and so on. (though I think the worst names, ever, are Moon Unit and Dweezil) It reminds me of this girl I knew in 4th grade, named Jennifer. Sure, her name is normal, but her brother didn't get off so easily. His name was Steamboat. No, it wasn't a nickname, and it wasn't a joke. Steamboat Rock was his full name. Poor kid... you can only speculate where a name like that came from.

Speaking of babies, my good friend, Sarah, is pregnant. :) It's so fun talking about baby stuff, pregnancy, and the like. I told Ryan that I have my days... my feelings switch between really wanting to start trying for a baby, and then the next day having feelings of not being ready, and even being a little scared. That's probably perfectly normal, though. :) I told Ryan last night, though, that I don't think I'm ready to give up having his undivided attention. ;-) Haha. We ARE still newlyweds, so I think that's allowed. :) Besides, our plan is to have a house first...

Well, better get back to work. Have a great Wednesday! :)


7:57 AM

Comments:
Wow that's a good deal! I have a Dell Palm pilot that I rarely use..lol

Congrats to your friend!
 
I kinda like Suri...it's different.
 
I think you should try to get pregnant...why not? You're young! Plus you have 9 months to get unscared...right...like that ever happens!!!
 
Only because i know I would be scared shitless!!!

Most new parents i hear of aren't ready for kids when it happens. So why not, you know?
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers