Friday, April 14, 2006

Happy Easter!

Well, yesterday turned out to be quite an interesting day! At work, I have essentially a supervisor as well as a boss. Well, they went out to lunch together, and my supervisor sat down with me yesterday and proposed a new idea that he and my boss discussed. Basically, they want to give me more responsibilities, though I won't bore you with those details, and they want me to hand off the more trivial things I do now, such as filing, and the like. This is GREAT news, and I feel like I'm being viewed as a more significant puzzle piece than I have been. They know I get bored if I'm not challenged, so I think this is just awesome!

After work, Em and I met up at the Harris Teeter and we grocery shopped together. :) Much more fun than going alone! I had lots of grocery shopping to do, then we chatted out in the parking lot before saying our goodbyes. Ryan was able to get off work early, and actually met us in the parking lot. :) Once we got home, my Mom called to see if they could borrow Ryan's truck to get mulch today, which Ryan was fine with, so my Dad stopped by a little later to switch vehicles. My Dad seriously must trust Ryan, since not just anyone is allowed to drive his car! My Dad stayed for a bit, and we talked, while Ryan was on the phone with his parents, making arrangements to go down to see them over Mother's Day weekend. We had already accidentally made plans with Ryan's friend Derek, and his wife, Emily, to see them the weekend after their anniversary weekend, but I checked the calendar, and that's Mother's Day weekend! So we changed plans with them, and I suggested that we go see Ryan's parents that weekend. It has been a while since we've seen them, and we both thought it's an important weekend to go. :)

(Wow, that was one rambling paragraph.) So, that was our evening--kinda hectic, but wonderful. We're spending Easter with my family, which will be so fun. I'm also making my famous bunny cake!! I'll be sure to take pics. :) My parents always made Easter so fun. The real meaning of it was never, ever diminished, don't get me wrong, but they also made it really fun when we were younger. We always got Easter baskets, and we'd color eggs, and do egg hunts. Around that time when my brother and I were questioning the idea of Santa, we also questioned the Easter bunny. So, that Easter, my parents left a note "from the Easter bunny" for us, and it was "signed" with bunny paw prints! It was soo cute! My parents definitely encouraged our imaginations. I had the best childhood ever.. seriously.

Well, need to get to work. Busy day today! Hope you all have a great Friday, a restful weekend, and a very Happy Easter! Speaking of... what are you all doing for Easter..? :)


8:11 AM

Comments:
what's her name?
Wow...she must be good. Amneris is a great part!!!

happy easter!!!
 
I will have to google her.
I've never been to Sight and Sound but i have only heard wonderful things about it.
 
can't wait to see the bunny cake :) we do that sort of thing with the kiddies too, egg hunts are the best...so funny to watch their little minds work! hope your easter is great sweetie! vincy
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers