Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter in Review -

In spite of the forecasted thunder storms for the entire weekend, we had some beautiful weather here! Saturday was so nice and warm that we decided to take a bike ride. We're very close to the W&OD trail, so that's what we always ride on. We took it west, which is actually a very scenic route. We also saw all sorts of "wildlife".. rabbits, squirrels, quite a few snakes. (disgusting creatures) Anyway, we wound up riding 30 miles! Not bad at all for the first ride of the season! :)

Ryan AFTER the bike ride..
Too cute to pass up.. I couldn't resist :)

We were both definitely tired afterwards, but Ryan has already talked about going again this Saturday!! My Dad used to be big into biking, so my brother and I have been biking since we were little. I was the only 8 year old in the neighborhood with a 21 speed. :) When my brother was 9 or 10, he and my Dad rode in the MS 150.. a fundraiser for multiple sclerosis in which they rode 150 miles in 2 days! When my brother and I got a little older, we'd go riding in the summer, and it wasn't uncommon to go 50 or so miles. Needless to say, it's been a while since I've ridden that far! :) But Ryan and I want to ride a lot this summer.

Anyway, that evening, Ryan and I watched the Ten Commandments, which was always tradition to watch at Easter time. Meanwhile, I baked my cakes, and got to work putting together my bunny cake. Here's the finished product!


Vanilla cake, vanilla icing, then covered in coconut.
The bunny is sitting on a bed of "grass": dyed green coconut.
Everything is edible. :)

The other side of the bunny.

He was delicious! (I brought the rest of him into work for my coworkers to have.) Ryan hates coconut, so I made him a small, seperate cake with NO coconut. :)

The church was packed on Sunday, and there were lots of new faces. After church, we headed over to my parents' house for Easter dinner. Honey baked ham, stuffing, green beans, mixed fruit.. homemade crescent rolls!! Mmm.


Well, that was our weekend! Now it's back to another full week. :) Hope you all had a great weekend, and a wonderful Easter!

**Edit : My coworkers are eating bunny cake at 9:30 in the morning!! :) Toooo funny...



7:26 AM

Comments:
the cake looks awesome!! i wish i could bake like that! :-)
Angela
 
I love your bunny cake!!!
 
i'd love the recipe for the cake, it looks like fun, and i think Michael would love it! :-)
Angela
 
bunny cake at ANY time is great. ; ) it was really pretty too! you are quite the domestic diva i say. ; ) i didn't know you were so into bike riding.. we rode a lot too as kids. i don't know about 50 miles though.
my favorite part of this post is the 10 commandments. i LOVE that movie. one of my favorites.

nefertari and moses.. the best part is when ramses sees his dead son and says... "HIS GOD IS GOD."

yule brenner. no one else could have played the part better.

have a wonderful week dear!
 
oh.. i should also mention that THAT movie is what sparked my love of egypt. cool eh?
i don't love the fact that they were pagans with some WEIRD practices.. but i love their architecture, art, advanced culture.. it all is so intriguing to me.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers