After leaving work on Friday, I met up with Ryan at his office, and we headed to the church, where we had volunteered to help out with an evening function. I had thought it was just a small thing--an appreciation dinner for the deacons and their wives, or something. Haha! It turned out to be quite the to-do, with 150-ish people invited. This week is our missions conference week, and Friday night was basically the kick-off. All of our missionaries, our elders, our deacons, and their wives and children.. all were there. We were given about half an hour's worth of instructions, and then got to work setting everything up. I was very glad that I was "stationed" next to Ryan when we served the dinner, since he has experience with serving and what not. :) We met some new people, and had a lot of fun! We got home around 11 or so, and were absolutely exhausted--but it was so worth it!
Ryan had to leave by 9:45 AM on Saturday to head to work. I figured I'd be up early enough to get ready and go with him, since my car was still at his office from the night before. Yeah, um, we didn't wake up till 9:30!!!
After he left, I got myself up and showered... and still decided to head out to run some errands, like I had planned--without a car. I needed to 1) find a pair of "dressy" flat sandals, 2) go tanning, and 3) get some groceries. Thankfully, our apartment is nestled next to a somewhat large shopping complex, so I figured I'd be okay walking. The weather, however, was not so cooperative! It was windy as anything, and pretty chilly. Didn't help that I walking into the wind. Ah well, good exercise! :) Plus, I wound up checking off everything from my list!
Ryan worked later than he had planned... he, along with one of his sales reps, was painting a single office within his office for his new project coordinator, who was starting today. So, I started reading a new book my mother-in-law sent me called, Loving God With All Your Mind. Awesome book! 100 pages later, Ryan got home. :)
We watched lots of basketball, (holy cow, George Mason U., which I attended, beat UNC!) and tried to get some relaxing in. I worked out again on Sunday afternoon--knowing there is less than a week to go is complete motivation! :) We are so excited... I checked the forecast this morning.. 25th-27th--Sunny, Sunny, and more Sunny! 85 & 86 degrees. Ryan woke me up this morning, saying, "5 days, and we'll be in Cabo.." :-D
Happy Spring to you too!!!! I saw the ending of the GMU game and thought that was where you went...based on a picture with you wearing a sweatshirt with the GMU on it... now im rambling. Wish for nice weather saturday!!!