Pretty good weekend, aside from the fact that I dropped my hubby off at the airport yesterday morning. :( Yep, he's up in Cleveland, again, on what will hopefully be his late business trip for a good, long while! Anyway, he gets back Wednesday evening, and I already miss him. A lot.
Though, this trip has been drastically different than his last! Unless you're a district manager, they pair off all the guys, and make them share rooms. How lame is that? For Ryan to get his own room, he would've had to pay $50 a night. So, he was paired up with an "obnoxious" guy from Tennessee, who apparently snored loud enough to wake the dead. Anyway, the manager of Ryan's district gave the OK for Ryan to get his OWN room this time! Yep, he's got a marble floored bathroom, a King size bed, and 8 inches of snow outside. Can we say "jealous"? ;-) I wish I was there.
Anyway! So, I spent Super Bowl Sunday over at my parents' house. My cousin Alan, his wife Shelley, and my second cousins Rachel and Courtney, all came over, too. Here are some pics. :)
What better place to watch the big game? I mean, really ;-)
With my Dad :)
With my Mom :) Aww
Anyway, it was a pretty good weekend. I'm on a BIG workout kick again... only 47 days till Cabo, San Lucas! I worked out Friday night, (best time to workout at an apartment gym.. NO ONE was there!) and then again yesterday, for an hour and a half. I'm going to go every evening while Ryan is gone, and then at least every other day once he gets back. I'm on a mission. :)
So, the SB commercials this year weren't as good as usual, in my humble opinion. I mean, what was UP with that Burger King commercial? What a waste of money. And the Jessica Simpson Pizza Hut commercial? Okay, yes, she's gorgeous, but after they played it for the 1,457,685th time, I was ready to shoot her. My favorites were "the streaker," the "baby clydesdale," and the "FedEx caveman" one. But there were a few other good ones. :) http://sports.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads
And...I've got two words for ya... PUPPY BOWL! It was the second annual Puppy Bowl, and yes, we watched it last year, too. :) Way too cute! They have clips from it on the Animal Planet website, too. :) You can vote for the "MVP," which was definitely the poodle. Total spaz, but he was the life of the party. My favorite pup was the wrinkly tan one. :) Sooo cute.
Oooh Cabo San Lucas! Awesome! Can't wait to see the updates and photos from that! We've considered going there next year during the winter but haven't decided. I hate going to resorts unless I have a review from someone who has actually been there. Glad you had a fun Super Bowl weekend with your family, and sorry Ryan's gone until Wednesday night!
#
posted by Anonymous :
9:53 AM, February 06, 2006
Frank adn i totally stumbled on Puppy Bowl and i must be dumb because i just couldnt' figure out what it was about...other than me oohing and ahhing over the cute puppies...
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
10:59 AM, February 06, 2006
Sounds like a good weekend! And I've never seen the Puppy Bowl...sounds really neat though!
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:20 AM, February 06, 2006
Huh...really? I kinda thought there might be a point that i was missing. Interesting. Thanks for the clue-in though! :)
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
11:20 AM, February 06, 2006
LOL, I know this is random... but we have the same entertainment center... and it looks like the same TV too! (well, my parents do, not Jon and I :-P)
Hope it's a good day!
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:26 AM, February 06, 2006
I literally snorted when i read your last comment!!! No i didn't get to see it but i think next year i might just have to watch a little longer!
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
11:26 AM, February 06, 2006
Yeah, im stalking you too!!! lol I think my fave pup was the tan and white one...i was literally begging Frank for a puppy! I have to wait until April though...
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
12:51 PM, February 06, 2006
Im moving in in April so we're def getting some sort of animal. Probably a dog since that's what he wants. they have a puppy bowl roster? Oh my...now im addicted! I will think of you every Super Bowl now because of this!
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
2:50 PM, February 06, 2006
you're funny. i was laughing about the jessica simpson comment. ; ) glad you had a good time with your parents. it's good that they are close so that if ryan is away on a business trip, you have someone to keep you company. ; ) i'd be working out too while he's gone. good plan. right now i'm just looking for opportunities other than 2 a.m. to work out. ughhh. i need to start up my situps again as spring and then SUMMER are coming. have a good night hon.
#
posted by Anonymous :
4:08 PM, February 06, 2006
i LOVED the little hummer commercial, wuth the monster, and robot...hilarious! glad that you had a good weekend, and good for you going all out for the gym, it always helps to have a goal in mind doesn't it?! ditto, on the jessica simpson thing...sheesh...vincy
#
posted by Anonymous :
8:11 AM, February 08, 2006