Ryan's flight was scheduled to arrive at 8:00 PM last night, but I got a call from Ryan at 3:30, saying that it was snowing like crazy. Uh oh. They were getting lots of snow since Ryan arrived on Sunday, and this was exactly what I had worried about. :( He called every half hour to give me an update--from 4:30 on, every flight was cancelled.
I kept myself busy--cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom, which is no easy feat. I love our huge tub, but it's a bear to clean. We really need a mop, too. The floor takes a long time to clean without a mop. :) Haha, how sad is that? I vacuumed, I organized, I straightened things up. I kept praying that if Ryan WAS able to catch a flight, that he'd be safe--otherwise, it'd be better if he stayed another night. But, if he did make it after all, at least he'd have a clean apartment to come home to!
Sure enough, he called to let me know he was boarding at 8:30. By 10:30, my husband was safely on the ground!
He had to be up at 5:30 this morning to get ready to leave for his meeting in Beltsville--which meant I was up at 5:30, too. He was out the door at 6, and I heard a knock on the door about 5 minutes later. "I'm not going anywhere," he told me. Apparently, his emergency brake was frozen and he'd have to wait for it to thaw. I guess God knew he needed a morning off. :)
Unfortunately for me, my emergency brake was just fine, and here I am at work. :-P Haha. Hope you all have a great day!
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:16 AM, February 09, 2006
at least Ryan's car started... mine did not. Story to come later.
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
12:52 PM, February 09, 2006
Ever tried Swiffer for the bathroom floors? I love them for heavy duty cleaning. No nasty old wet mop laying around.
Glad Ryan made it home safely! Too bad your emergency brake wasn't frozen too! Then you could have stayed in bed all day. Ahhh...
In response to your question: The Bachelor this season is actually pretty good! There is one girl (a schoolteacher from TN)and they JUST kissed on their hometown date. He hasn't been making out with girls left and right and has been pretty level-headed the entire time. Ethan actually loves to watch it with me - we always write down the names of each girl as they come out of the limo and predict who will be cut, etc. for each episode. And he's almost always right on the money! We watch it mostly for the drama of the women - both of us find it hilarious. The other reality shows we watch are "Wife Swap" and of course, "Cops".
#
posted by Anonymous :
3:23 PM, February 09, 2006