Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekend Happenings -

So, I'm getting home late on Friday--I had to work extra due to the sale of our company. I walk in the door, and what is before me? Our brand new sofa, which wasn't supposed to come in till the 24th! My hubby surprised me by moving it all in with the help of one of his sales reps. It's incredibly nice, and I absolutely love it. It fits perfectly in our living room, yada yada yada.

Only one problem--I notice two holes about the size of a fingerprint at the bottom of one side. I'm a little upset, and call the Hubby, who thinks I should call Belfort--the place we bought it. I call--they say the soonest they can have someone come out to see it is the 25th. The 25th!!

Ryan gets home, sits down on the sofa, and notices a really annoying squeaking sound. Upon further inspection, we find... the sofa is broken. Oh yes, you can feel, underneath the padding, the wood is broken. I conclude that our precious sofa has been dropped on one side. We need a replacement. So, we head over to Belfort. A rep from Belfort has to come out and conclude that we need a new one. Since Ryan will be in a meeting during the time they're coming, I get to be the one who makes sure they understand..we need a new one!

While at Belfort, I browsed their clearance warehouse, and fell in love with a really cute, wrought iron dish rack. Regularly $40, we got it for $17. :) I'm going to hang it in our dining room.

Now I just need some really cute plates...

Also, here's the sofa. :) You can't tell from the picture that it's broken, at least. Em and I went shopping for new towels over the weekend, and also happened to find coordinating throw pillows for the new sofa, on sale!


I didn't want anything too matchy-matchy, but they also really blend in well with the curtains, too.

The Redskins lost. I don't want to talk about it. But we had a great season. :)

Hope you all had a great weekend!



7:57 AM

Comments:
That dishrack is pretty freakin sweet.
ANd the sofa is lovely as well...Shame it was broken!
 
I can't believe it was broken. You guys sound like you're having the same problem we did when we got our big screen. Billy was SO excited about it, and there has been something wrong with it since we got it, almost over a month ago, and the past two weeks it's FINALLY been working. Ugh. Sales people just don't know good customer service anymore! :) I'll be back at work tomorrow! Love you! Been praying for you this weekend, I hope you're having a good day. *MWAH!*
 
ooooh. i like the couch.. i hope that they replace it without any further problems. i like the color.. do you still have your dog? that's the first thing i thought of when i saw the pretty couch. i don't let our dogs on the furniture. love dogs, hate the hair and dirt they leave behind. ; )

i like the plate rack too.. very nice. hope you have a fantastic week. take care.
; ) joanne
 
Hey Em. Haven't talked to you in a while. Just thought I'd drop by. That sucks about your sofa. But it is really nice. The pillows look good with it. Anyway, love ya! Hope to see you soon!

-Aly
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers