Monday, January 23, 2006

Thank the Lord I'm Not a Penguin -

After work on Friday, I took advantage of the amazingly warm and gorgeous weather by taking a long walk. It was wonderful. On the other hand, though, I'd love for it to be cold, and for us to get enough snow that we can't make it into work, and we get a day (or two) to cozy up by the fireplace, sipping hot chocolate and watching the snow come down. Mmm. That would be nice. :)

We had a movie night after Ryan got home from work on Friday--March of the Penguins. I loved it. It's amazing that the emperor penguin still exists considering how much they go through. And what can I say? I cried. Yes, I did. When the momma penguin comes back to find her little chick frozen to death, and she begins to cry--I cried. After the movie, I told Ryan I can't believe I cried over a penguin. "Neither can I," he told me. Great, thanks. :) But it was really an interesting movie, and it's pretty amazing how well it was done.

The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing. We browsed a couple furniture stores on Saturday, but really didn't see anything we liked. (or could afford) Not that we're planning on buying anything right away, but we want to get a new chair (in place of the torn recliner, thanks to dear old Kylie) and a new end table, so we're just window shopping for right now.

After church on Sunday, I attempted a pot roast again.... this time it all turned out perfectly! Even the gravy. Afterwards, we were definitely ready for a nap.. but we watched BOTH of the football games, neither of which I really gave two hoots about, but neither of the teams I actually like earned a spot in the Superbowl anyway. Hmmm... do I even care enough to watch the Superbowl now? Especially since Ryan won't be here. :( He's flying back to Cleveland, again, on Sunday evening--Superbowl Sunday! He's not exactly thrilled about that.. but at least the Eagles aren't in it, or something. Then he'd really be upset. :)

I have a LOT to do this week. Get a certified copy of our marriage license, get my social security card changed, get my driver's license changed, and get the title to my car switched over. Just a few things. ;-) But I need to get back to work! Have a great Monday! :)


9:12 AM

Comments:
MMMMMMM pot roast. You can make that for me anytime!!!
 
Ok I watched this "The Life of a Meer Cat" on Animal Planet one night with my mom and it should have totally been called the death of a meer cat and I was totally bawling during it.

RYC: I don't feel like working either! STRIKE!
 
IF your going to get ur SS switched. Make sure you go in the morning and get there before the time they open there is normally a line. Take this from someone who was there 3 times to get mine switched. Don't go in the afternoon or when they are just about to close. Take a book. It will be a long day. Have a good one and Congrats. I love your site.
Tina
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers