Last night, there was a special election held to determine which Republican candidate would continue on to vie for the open seat in the Senate. The Democrats already had their candidate determined, while the Republican party had two main contenders--one being more conservative than the other. They only predicted a turnout of 800, so this was pretty important. Everyone wants to be able to vote for something that matters to them.. well, this matters. This is when your vote really counts for something that affects you. I voted for Staton, the more conservative, as well as pro-life, candidate. Total turnout was 2,768, much higher than they had anticipated. Good news? Staton won! :) Not to mention, it was very cool to see a gigantic group of Republicans, all in one place.
The rest of our evening was really nice. I started tanning again, because the Cabo, San Lucas trip is right around the corner. Last thing I want to do is get down there and burn on the very first day. :) I made a yummy dinner, topped off with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. We're trying to eat healthier. :) Earlier, I was at the grocery store, stocking up on lots of fruits, veggies, and lean meat. It costs a bit more to eat healthy, but I definitely think it's worth it.
So, I really haven't done anything "creative" or "artsy" since the wedding. When I was younger, I was always painting, drawing, creating.. very artsy. I was the kid who was more interested in the box, and what I could make with it, than what was inside the box. :) I'm really feeling like I want to do something fun and artistic, I just have no idea what I want to do. Maybe I should just stroll around Michaels to get some ideas?
I also happened to find some really cute, dessert-sized plates for the new dish rack. Super cute little dishes! They showed a thumbnail-sized picture of four cute plates, for $23.95, so I clicked on them. Um, yeah, they're $23.95 per plate!!! Ridiculous. Guess I'll keep looking. :)
I have an artsy idea for you!! I've been meaning to talk to you about this for a while, but I wanted to wait until after the wedding rush slowed down and you had nothing to do :) From the sounds of this entry that's now! I need a website, for acting advertisement purposes. We'll chat about it more either through e-mail or on the phone, but I wanted to mention it before I forgot. Talk soon!
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:40 AM, January 17, 2006
I'm glad you are enjoying yourself! Sounds like a good evening! Strawberries and cream! Yum!
i like to see your political side.. ; ) i think it's important to take interest and be involved in politics. pro-life can easily determine a candidate for me. abortion is so heart-breaking and sad.
i didn't know you guys were planning your trip to cabo so soon! that sounds so wonderful.
i agree about shopping for healthy foods.. it does cost more - but think of what it may save you in hospital bills later or prescriptions. so much better to eat healthy. it's hard to always do so when having little ones. they like to snack on cookies and fruit snacks, etc.. i miss cooking. hopefully i'll get back on a schedule soon with more time to cook. i do a lot of crock pot recipes with working nights.
i think we were a lot alike as a child with being artsy and all. i was that girl too who saw what i could do with the box. always making something. ; )
i like to see your political side.. ; ) i think it's important to take interest and be involved in politics. pro-life can easily determine a candidate for me. abortion is so heart-breaking and sad.
i didn't know you guys were planning your trip to cabo so soon! that sounds so wonderful.
i agree about shopping for healthy foods.. it does cost more - but think of what it may save you in hospital bills later or prescriptions. so much better to eat healthy. it's hard to always do so when having little ones. they like to snack on cookies and fruit snacks, etc.. i miss cooking. hopefully i'll get back on a schedule soon with more time to cook. i do a lot of crock pot recipes with working nights.
i think we were a lot alike as a child with being artsy and all. i was that girl too who saw what i could do with the box. always making something. ; )
RYC: I swam with dolphins in Nassau during a cruise. I had been wanting to swim with them since I was 8 and I was 21 then. I won't be crossing it off my list because I want to do it again and again!!