Friday, January 13, 2006

Pretty Perfect -

I am really loving married life. I love our cute little apartment, and I love walking outside every morning to see a beautiful sunrise. This morning there was frost covering the grass, and the air was crisp and delicious. As I walked to my car, I noticed frost covering all the cars, but then stopped when I saw mine. It had already been cleared away by my amazing husband. He must love me or something. :)

I've been busy these last couple of days. Actually, "busy" is quite the understatement, as I haven't been this swamped with work...um, ever. I've been the "personal assistant," if you will, to my company's president, trying to get everything straightened out before the big sale. There's light at the end of the tunnel, though, and I should have it all completed by close-of-business today. Just in time for the weekend!

I was able to see my family last night for the first time in a WEEK. I had missed them so much.

We now have a wedding album! Well, half of it anyway. I ordered prints through Snapfish, and will order the remaining ones sometime in the near future. It's amazing what a difference there is between professional and regular pictures. They're even more crisp and beautiful in print than on the computer. Ryan and I flipped through them, reminiscing about the wedding. Maybe brides are blind to problems that come up, but I really remember everything going perfectly.

Okay, so that's not the complete truth. I can't forget how I had to arrange the flowers in the van--our bouquets in pitchers and vases of water, and the bouts and corsages?...oh dear. Well, I had taken pieces of cardboard, punched holes in them, and stuck them over pans of water for the little bouts and corsage stems. I was so paranoid about the flowers wilting before the wedding, that I couldn't bear to take them out of water. While my Mom and I headed to our hair appointments, I kept glancing back nervously as I heard the water sloshing around in the containers. But they made it! And our photographer made sure to snap pics of them once we arrived, so I will never forget.

Pitchers and vases


Cardboard with holes punched (and names taped on them)

The flowers were beautiful, and we saved a BUNCH of money. ($176 for everything)

So, there's a little walk down memory lane. Of course, who could forget how the van stalled twice after our hair appointment, and my Mom and I were worried that we wouldn't make it to the church? There's an image, huh? The Mother-of-the-bride and Bride-to-be trekking down the road towards the church, hair all done and everything.

Happy Friday everyone! :)



8:49 AM

Comments:
Keep writing...you'll remember more of that nerve-wracking stuff;)
Just kidding. have a great weekend!
 
Happy Friday!

I have been busy lately too, and I am desperately trying to keep myself in a positive frame of mind.

Out of all of the things that can possibly go wrong before a wedding, so far yours sounds like everything went very well.

When I got married the caterer and her assistant left the food for about half of the people at her kitchen/shop and it caused a 30 minute delay in people getting their food. :-D

Have a great weekend!
 
I'm glad everything is going well!! YAY!!! And that trip down memory lane is so great!!

One the way to my sister's wedding there was an accident that happened right in front of us. She is a first responded and "legally" bound (not that they would really know she drove past) to stop if need be...however, everyone was ok....
 
nothing like the smell, and look of roses....so smart of you to do it yourself! you saved a BUNDLE there hon! glad to hear you'll be slowing down soon....take care :) vincy
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers