Friday, January 27, 2006

Mmm, Mocha -

Mmm, sipping on some Starbucks this morning. It's my Friday treat. :) Too expensive to be a daily affair. I wish I could've come up with the mega-coffeehouse that is Starbucks. I mean, really, just tell people their size small is a "Tall," their medium is really a "Grande," and call their size large something really cool, like, "Venti," then charge them out the wazoo for it. Brilliant!

My hubby made it home safe and sound last night. Oh my goodness, I missed him. As cold as our weather is here, it was still much colder in Cleveland. Though they got a good little bit of snow! I wish I could've seen it. We're due for a nice winter snow storm. Mmmhmm. Anyway, I finally slept well last night, for the first time since Monday night. I'm not usually a super peppy, happy morning person, but this morning I was all chatty, because I had my hubby home to talk to. Gotta make up for lost time, you know. :)

Well, we made it to Friday! :) No running around anywhere today for me. I sat in line at the social security office for an hour and fifteen minutes yesterday, but it was all worth it, as I am no longer Emily Baldwin anymore. Legally, I am Ryan's wife, and now I also have his last name. :) So very exciting! We're going to the bank tomorrow to make my account a joint account, change my name on the account, and order some checks with BOTH of our names on them. :) This is exciting to me!

I guess we'll go to the DMV, too, but I really don't want to. It's not exactly where I want to spend the majority of my Saturday. Awful place.

Hope you all have a wonderful, quick work day, and a fantastic weekend! :)


7:39 AM

Comments:
Happy Friday!

I love Starbucks but I rarely ever get it. It is a hassle to swing by one here. Really I can't literally swing by one. lol

I'm glad Ryan is back safe and sound!
 
I know some of it is a pain, but isn't it so awesome to have your name changed? I think I had everything done on mine within about 2 weeks because I was so excited! Of course, that made it a little weird to be at my wedding ceremony with my new name :P
 
Let's hear it for a quick work day!!!
 
Maybe you'll get lucky and the DMV won't have a wait. That's what happened for us! We were in and out in 10 minutes. Of course, the GA DMV is much better than the other states I've lived in.

Thanks for your well wishes - I know my in-laws meant well, but it was a total invasion of our privacy, and they understand that now. As I'm sure you've learned (or will very soon!) you have to put down boundaries for what is important with the new family - and it's been an issue for a long time with them. They are learning (slowly) to ASK us before they divulge personal information. Part of the reason I was so upset is because they made it sound like I was seriously ill and would have to have major surgery. If you don't know the facts, don't say anything - in my opinion anyway!

Have a great weekend!
 
psst!

LOVE YOU BUDDY!!!! :)
 
i missed checking in on you these past couple of days! you have such a sweet and beautiful disposition on life! glad to hear hubby made it home okay :) i remember when tom had a job that caused him to travel ALL the time...i was pregnant with eva then, it was hard, but so wonderful when he came home!!!
i hope you get the snow you want so much :) have a great weekend hon!!! vincy
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers