Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Oops ..

I am such a klutz. Really!

Especially now, with less than 3 weeks left till the wedding, I've been at the gym constantly. So, I went over to the gym this past Friday night (yeah, a Friday night. Hey, it was pretty empty.) I hop on the treadmill, and suddenly notice how hot it is in there. I notice the fans are off, so I walk over and turn them on. I get back on the treadmill and go about my business. As I'm running, I notice it's not only not getting cooler, it's indeed getting hotter. It's practically a sauna! I figure that because it was so hot in there, and heat rises, the fan was probably pushing down the hot air; surely it will cool down soon. Ten minutes go by, I'm still running, and I'm starting to feel really dizzy. It's crazy hot in there. I finally decide to get off the treadmill and open a window. This heat is ridiculous. So, I unlock the window, push it up, and let go.

BAM! The window comes crashing down, and breaks. What on earth?! I look down, and I have two little cuts on one hand, and a teensy little cut over one knee where a tiny piece of glass must've hit. Not bad. A kid comes running into the gym, surveys the damage, and tells me he'll go get his dad, who happens to be the manager. Lovely.

I notice one of the small cuts on my hand is bleeding a bit, so I go to wash it off. It's not stopping on it's own, so I grab a paper towel and go back to the workout area. The manager comes in, looks at the window, looks at me, and asks, "So, what happened here?"

He was pretty nice, actually. He said that the windows will not stay open by themselves--they are extremely heavy, and won't "stick", (ie-stay open) to prevent burglary. He says it's not the first time it has happened, and in the future they plan on posting signs or sealing all the windows shut from now on. Also, the reason it was so hot is because someone messed with the heat, and it was close to 80. Yeah, kinda hot, no?

I felt bad about the window, honest I did. I still don't understand, though...why have windows that open if they can never be opened? Just didn't make any sense to me.

And now for something completely different! The wedding is 18 days away now! I am so, so excited. :) We have our second-to-last premarital counseling session tonight, and I've finished the ceremony outline for our pastor to look over. I've started a big "to-do" list to help me maintain my sanity, and help prevent me from laying awake every night thinking of all the little things I'll need to do, like I have for the past few nights. Really, sleep is more important to me right now. :)

They're forecasting a snow/rain mix on Thanksgiving! I'm really hoping it's cold enough for that, because I'd love to see a little bit of snow! Since Ryan and I both have to work on Friday, we're staying in town for Thanksgiving. We both really wanted to go up to see his grandparents, but it's a really long drive, and we both have to be up early on Friday. So, we'll just be spending Thanksgiving with my Aunt and Uncle, and my cousins Stephanie and Brad. Just a small group of us, but it'll be nice. :)

Hope you all have a great day!


10:19 AM

Comments:
That totally sounds like something I would do!! I am glad you didn't cut yourself any worse and it doesn't make sense for the windows to be like that. They should have signs posted because that is a big liability for them not their customers.

Wow 18 days?!?!? It is getting really close! :)
 
apparently we're getting snow up here.
18 days...wow.
Think of it this way...at least your blood will match your wedding colors????
 
18 days...how exciting!! I love the new layout. It's very wintry and beautiful. Your picture compliments it greatly. Best of luck in the coming weeks.
 
I swear I'm still alive!!! It's been crazy-busy lately, and honestly... I haven't had much to say. I'll update - just for you, of course (haha!) - soon, I promise.

The surprise shower looked amazing! Looks like you've got some amazing family and friends supporting you & Ryan - and hey, yay for *your* apartment! Such an exciting time! :)

<3 the new layout... I'm feeling the need to play with mine a little, too, and get more in the spirit (I've only been listening to Christmas music for two weeks now, thanks to my roommates!).

Have a great Thanksgiving!

.ashlee.
 
your such a good sport...i think i might have been a little bit more aggravated about the whole window thing.....good you kept your head about you! it's also a REALLY good thing that your okay....man! i hope that you get snow too....i want some so that the kids can go sledding...we have some killer hills!!! take care! vincy
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers