I am quite possibly the luckiest girl in the entire world. I have the best fiance, family, and friends I could ever imagine.
The last few days have been wonderful! On Sunday, Ryan took me to Fairfax, where we met up with my cousin (and bridesmaid!) Stephanie, and we waited for Jessica's train to get in. The train wound up being over an hour late, so Steph announces that we can't wait any longer, and must leave, because they made reservations. Surprise #1!
So, she blindfolds me, and we drive for about 40 minutes. They discuss how they left the Mapquest directions at home, and they are worried they might get lost. It feels like they turn around. Finally, they stop at a gas station for directions. Or, so I thought. They help me out of the car, and help me walk up a couple steps, and let me take my blindfold off. Surprise #2! THEY THREW ME A SURPRISE BRIDAL SHOWER!! Tons of family and friends are there, and I am absolutely stunned! I was completely speechless!
They had amazing food--honey ham, green beans with almonds, baked macaroni and cheese, homemade crescent rolls--not to mention the 5 or so desserts, including a delicious cake. I got to open presents, and was just overwhelmed by the generousity... Ryan and I got a lot of great stuff! And I start on my thank you notes today. :) My Mom took all the pics for the shower, so I'll probably post some of those tomorrow. I was completely, 110 percent surprised!
So, by the time we got to Steph's house and got to sleep, it was about 11:30. We had to get up at 2:30 AM to drive up to NYC and beat most of the traffic. We hit some traffic at the Lincoln tunnel, but still made it into the city and were parked by about 8:30. We all got a bagel at a little hole-in-the-wall bakery, and took it to Bryant Park to eat. The weather was gorgeous, and perfect, and most of the city had Christmas decorations up already. Love it! From there, we went shopping. We quite literally shopped till we dropped. Our poor feet.
We were able to check into the hotel, Amsterdam Court Hotel, at 3:00. Our room was so cute-- very modern, with THE most plush, amazingly comfortable beds ever. They had down comforters, fluffy pillows. Mmm. Given we were barely coherent at that point, we took an hour nap before dinner. They pulled out a pink jeweled tiara and veil, and a "Bachelorette" sash for me to wear to dinner and the show. So cute!
We went out to Ollie's for Chinese food--so yummy. I got a lot of congratulations from random people as we walked to the show. Oh, and one, "don't do it! It's not too late!", but that doesn't count. :) We went to see an off-Broadway show called Altar Boyz, which was about a Catholic boy band. It was hilarious! Steph had seen it before, so she knew it'd be a good one for us to see.
Us at dinner! Me, Jess, & Steph
Best part? Here I am in my tiara, veil, and sash. A total target. At one point in the show, the "lead singer" came into the audience, took my hand, and pulled me onto the stage, where he serenaded me! All the while I was thinking, this stuff never happens to me. It was surreal! After he finished singing, he asked my name, and I took my seat. It was way too fun! The show was awesome, and so incredibly memorable. After the show, we stayed and had them sign our programs. They wanted to know when the wedding is, where it's taking place, all that fun stuff. It was very cool. :) Then we had our picture taken with the whole group. I hope it turned out well!
From there, we headed back to the hotel, and played a game Jess found, "How Well Do You Know the Bachelorette?" Way. too. funny. Oh my goodness! I definitely am keeping their "score cards" with all of their answers. Around 1 in the morning, Steph and Jess decided they were hungry, and we walked to the nearest McDonalds, which is always open. Finally got to bed around.. oh, 2:30 or so. Jess had me open yet another present, which was....
That's the back! A lace thong with a veil on the back! HAHA!
Needless to say, the past few days have been so awesome, and I've had so, so much fun. It was so great being able to spend all that time with Steph and Jess. To think that my family, my friends, the people I care about, put that much effort into all of this... wow, it just blows me away. I am so, so blessed.
Steph took most of our pictures during the trip, and she's going to send them to me. I'll be sure to post them once I get them! Hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday!
I am so glad everything went great and you were surprised!!!
I can't wait for pictures!
#
posted by Anonymous :
10:02 AM, November 16, 2005
I heard altar boyz was good. ITs one i hope to see soon. You ARE so lucky;) That's a good thing.
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
11:12 AM, November 16, 2005
such great pictures!!! i bet ryan will LOVE the gift...he he....i'm so glad that you had a blast...what a blessing all of this was! can't wait to see all of the things you got at the shower.....did you get the things you were hoping for? take care!! vincy
#
posted by Anonymous :
7:58 PM, November 16, 2005