It was such a busy, but fun weekend! On Saturday, we drove down to see Ryan's family. The trip down was so nice, because the leaves are in-peak, and were absolutely gorgeous.
Us before we left :)
Once we got there, I was completely shocked to walk in and there on the dining room table is a mock-up of the first tier of the wedding cake that I want! It even had the pretty white chocolate bow on top! My wonderful soon-to-be mother-in-law made this for us...how talented is she? I am so, so, so happy with it.
Needless to say, I was stunned! It is absolutely beautiful! :) And yes, it tastes as good as it looks! Yum. Ryan helped his Dad put up Christmas lights, while his Mom and I decided on the different flavors for each tier, and all of that fun stuff. They pulled out some baby/kid pics of Ryan so I can get to work on our photo montage. :) He was such a cutie! I've told Ryan that we absolutely have to have a little Ryan someday...
On Sunday morning we had our one-on-one interviews with an elder from the church. Ryan and I were able to interview together with an elder and his wife. I hadn't been feeling well all morning, but this was the final step in the process of becoming a member. We just had to give our testimonies of how/when we became believers, and how we want to serve in the church. Okay, so it was a little more than that..I think we talked with them for over an hour! Some friends we've made over the course of this 7-week process met up with us afterward, and we laughed about how we can relax because we "passed." :) Next Sunday we'll be introduced during the service as new members!
Eagles vs. Redskins Game -
The game was so much fun! FedEx Field is enormous...but we got a good parking space, and killed some time before the gates opened by hanging out around the "Staff Parking" lot and watching Redskins players come in. :) We saw Chris Cooley and Ryan Clark--those are the only two we could actually name. Both players ended up being influential in the game..
So, we waited in line for the gates to open, and found our seats. WOW, we were SO close to the field!
Here are our quarterbacks during practice! Mark Brunell and Patrick Ramsey. On a side note..Patrick Ramsey attends my old church!
Ryan and I before the game! See the red band? They gave out "Support Our Troops" bands.
Go Redskins!!
We won!! We won!!
Honestly, towards the end of the game, I was feeling pretty bad. No one in their right mind would've figured the Redskins would win. I was kind of hopeful that the Eagles would win, just because this was RYAN'S wedding gift from me, and I wanted it to be GREAT. As we were walking back to the parking lot, I told him that I was sorry that they didn't win. "It really was a pretty bad wedding gift, huh?" I asked. He shook his head, squeezed me and said, "Nah, I already have my wedding gift." Awwwww.
We didn't get back till 1:30 this morning, which is why I asked to have a half-day at work today. (I asked weeks ago, since I knew it'd be a late night) I took about 60 pictures in all, since my camera wound up dying, so I'll post a link to those tomorrow! Have a great Monday! :)
WOW!!! The cake is gorgeous and your pictures from the game are great!!! :-D Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! :-D Sorry I've been such a comment bum ;) Only 6 weeks left of school!!! :-D
LOVE YA!!!
#
posted by Anonymous :
1:34 PM, November 07, 2005
Glad to hear it went well! And the cake looks so yummy...im very hungry for cake right now and it's all your fault! :( Bad Emily! just kidding! have a good one!
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
2:01 PM, November 07, 2005
Oh trust me, if i could make the trek to No Va today, i would! In fact, i'd already be gone!
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
2:09 PM, November 07, 2005
That cake is gorgeous and looks yummy!!! Amazing that she did that!!
I am glad you had fun at the game! I love going to professional games and such even if I don't really like to watch them on TV...just fun to be in the excitement!
Hope you are having a good day!
#
posted by Anonymous :
2:20 PM, November 07, 2005
The cake is gorgeous, Emily!!! That's incredible that she has that talent... and come on, how lucky are you that you get to spend the rest of your life eating those works of art?! ;)
Looks like you guys had a fabulous time at the game - that's awesome, and such a great wedding gift for a sports-oriented guy (haha our "players"!).
Have a wonderful evening...
.ashlee.
#
posted by Anonymous :
3:05 PM, November 07, 2005