Thursday, November 10, 2005

I'm Not Crazy :)

First off, I accidentally changed the settings on my Comments, and it suddenly was saying that I had to "approve" each and every comment before they'd show up. Huh? That's not what I wanted at all. So I published them all, and now there are a bazillion comments in the post below. And here I was thinking no one really cared about my political post! :) Anyway, it is fixed now, and all of your comments will show up from now on. I promise.

So, I was getting to the part about why I am not crazy. See, I started to notice it on Monday. I got out of my car when I got home, and there was this funny smell. The best way I could describe it was that it was like a burning electrical smell. I may know fairly little about cars, but it smelled like something just wasn't right. So, Ryan took a flashlight and looked at it briefly when he came over, but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

The next day? Just as bad. I popped my hood when I got to work, and laughed, because what the heck would I even look for?

Finally, last night after our premarital counseling, both Ryan and my Dad did a thorough investigation of "the smell." They were having a difficult time discerning between normal hot car smells, and this peculiar smell I was talking about. I said it kinda reminds me of the smell of burning wax. (If you've ever made candles, it's like that smell when you're melting it in a pot) So they sniffed, and they looked, and they concluded that I must have an amazing sense of smell, because neither of them smell anything at all! It's a rather helpless feeling when you really think something is wrong, but the key factor is something only you notice. It'd pretty much be pointless to take it to the shop, because they'd have to charge an arm and a leg to comb through the entire car to find this mystery smell, which they or may not actually find. I do feel better knowing both my Dad and Ryan have looked it over, but I'm still paranoid.

I guess this would be a good time to do that "10 Random Things About Me" survey thing that Joanne tagged me to do forever ago.

1) I noticed this just this morning. I don't consider myself to be claustrophobic in the least, but I absolutely, positively have to have the cover to my sunroof open at all times, or I feel boxed in.

2) I do my best thinking at night, as I'm trying to fall asleep. I should keep a notepad next to my bed, because I always get these great ideas, or think of solutions, as I'm trying to fall asleep. Which brings me to #3...

3) I take at least a half hour to fall asleep every night, because I can't get my mind to "turn off." It's a mixture between the darkness and the quiet which sets my mind into overdrive. Especially since I got engaged, since there's always something to think about when it comes to wedding planning.

4) My family has been over in America for so long, no one really knows for certain where we originally came from. I know I'm English, but I really don't know what else. I really want to talk to one of my relatives who is working on our family tree, because I'd be very interested to know.

5) It takes me nearly an hour to get ready every morning. It's not that I'm high maintenance, it's just that I move very. very. slowly. in the mornings, and I don't like to rush.

6) I've always known, since I was very little, that I wanted to get married young, and have a family. God willing, I'd like to have 3 or 4 kids. Which leads me to #7...

7) One of my biggest fears is that I'll be unable to have children. I think it's something that most people take for granted, that they'll be able to get pregnant someday. I guess it's such a huge fear because having children is something I want so badly.

8) I'm very concerned with spelling things correctly, and can find typos almost anywhere. However, in the one and only spelling bee I ever participated in, in 2nd grade, I didn't make it past the first round. Spelling on paper, or on the computer, is way different than spelling out loud.

9) I'm 5'9" (same as my birthday, May 9th = 5/9) and have been this tall since I was 13. I was taller than most of the boys, and wasn't too thrilled about my height until I got older. I have joked with my Mom (who is about 5'2") that she had a tall daughter so I could reach things in the top cabinets for her.

10) I've owned two horses in my short lifetime. The first was a chestnut quarter horse named Scatch, which I owned when I was 15. I sold him before I went to college. The second was a dark bay thoroughbred named Slew, whose granddaddy was the famous racehorse, Seattle Slew. I got him in 2001. The first one I basically worked to own. The second, I nearly went broke trying to keep. Someday, if Ryan and I ever have land, I really want to have horses again.

Me & Slew on the first day I brought him home.

Hope you all have a great day! :)



8:30 AM

Comments:
Women have a better sense of smell than men and DO take it to a shop! Also, you might have funny sounds too that are very faint. I know a little about cars but if you're smelling something not right, something's not right. Keep an eye on your gauges and stuff like that. The might think you're crazy but better now than a busted vehicle. Did you try googling the problem? You'd be amazed at what you might find.
 
Slew is a beautiful horse!!
 
i like this post....let's us see into you just a bit more.....i think not only will you have kids, but you will be a fantastic mother!
i like that you take so long to get ready.....so many things are rushed these days...nice to hear of someone that's unwilling to let that be her trend! keep that up, and do it with your kids as well...just take your time!
i have an amazing sense of smell....so i understand your dilemma...believe and trust, yet that smell is still there.....oh well...the best part is that God is watching out for you!
my best time for thinking is right before i go to bed as well....sometimes it's in the car on the way home from work too......take care! vincy
 
i LOVE that picture of you.
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers