As Ryan and I were leaving our premarital counseling session last night, we ran into a couple we know in the lobby. They were in our membership classes, and they are getting married the weekend after us. "Only 3 weeks left for you guys, huh?" David asked.
3 Weeks.
Okay, so technically it's 3 weeks and 2 days, but this was absolutely shocking to me. It seems like just yesterday we had 4 months left. Now we have less than 1. And to think I was worried that time would crawl! Haha! Silly me.
I immediately went into panic mode, because I thought, surely, we have way too much left to do! But then I thought about it, trying to figure out exactly what we really have left, and you know what? There really isn't very much left to do at all.
I'm incredibly excited when I think of how fast it's all happening. I can't wait to be married to Ryan, and I can't wait to begin a new life with him. Our pastor last night was discussing Principle #8, which was about the importance of establishing family worship. He proceeded to tell us that being a family starts the day we say "I do;" we do not need to have children first before we are a family. The two of us will be a family as of 1:30 PM, EST, on December 10th. This was an incredibly exciting thought to me.
If you would, I'd appreciate prayer that the little things will all be cleared out of the way soon, and that everything will go smoothly leading up to/on the day of the wedding. I know that not everything will go exactly according to plan, but if you would pray that nothing big goes awry, I'd really appreciate it.
I will pray everything gets taken care of but I am sure it will!
#
posted by Anonymous :
9:32 AM, November 17, 2005
isn't it so exciting! it seems like yesterday...i was in your shoes! i'm so happy for you
#
posted by Anonymous :
9:50 AM, November 17, 2005
I agree!!! I feel like there is so much left to do, but there isn't all that much.
I semi-disagree with your pastor ;-) I think you guys are starting your family now... you've made the commitment to yourselves and God (because I assume you prayed with Him about the commitment) to be married... everything else is legal technicalities and asking God to bless the union publicly.
Okay, I'm not sure if I made sense, but it makes sense in my mind! =P My point? In a way he's already your husband... you're having a wedding to tell the government and everyone else about it!
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:21 AM, November 17, 2005
Stop worrying little girl. Everything will be ok:) You're last point is totally true. Frank IS my husband, just not legally.
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
11:51 AM, November 17, 2005
i'm prayin sweetness!!! i can't believe it's coming so soon....man time has gone by so fast...i'm so excited for you....hang in there...being a family is wonderful! vincy
#
posted by Anonymous :
7:56 PM, November 17, 2005