Friday, November 18, 2005

Happiness -

This really has been the first day that I've been excited about Christmas.

Maybe it's the cold weather, maybe it's the Christmas music I was listening to as I was waiting on songs that I was downloading for our reception playlist. (Shhh!) I've been so focused on planning the wedding, anticipating my marriage to Ryan, and getting everything in order, that I just really didn't have time to look forward to Christmas. But now? I'm so excited.

Christmas is easily my favorite holiday, and the Christmas season is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it. Christmas, in our family, is the absolute best time. I have a huge family... my Dad is one of 8 kids, and my Mom is one of 3. My Dad's whole side is pretty much all in the area, so we were constantly together as I was growing up. My Dad's brothers and sisters were all born in Bluefield, West Virginia, and the majority have been spread out over northern Virginia, with a few in nearby southern states. We're "southern" by some people's standards in that we enjoy "southern," home-cooked food, we're Christians, and family, both immediate and extended, is of the utmost importance to us. At Christmas time, this is all especially true. I wouldn't trade my family for the world. They are the funniest, most wonderful people I know.

Now that I've got "Christmas!" on my mind, I guess I need to get a new layout up and running. This orange-y, pumpkin-y design is lovely, but last time I looked outside, there were no leaves. No pumpkins. No orange, anywhere. I was going to hold off till the day after Thanksgiving, but I see nothing wrong with doing things a little early. :)

Hope you all have a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend!


8:14 AM

Comments:
I will agree that we have the BEST family. The Lord has certainly blessed us! I'm so glad that I "agreed" to marry that Dad of yours over 26 years ago. Have a wonderful day my sweetie~
Mom
 
Wasn't it like, 2 weeks ago that you put the fall layout up?! Gosh - where is this year going!?!?

I'm glad you had such an amazing weekend!! Sounded like SO much fun!! (Those underwear cracked me up! I "lol"ed! :-P)
 
Time is flying by. It was just this past Tuesday that I realized Thanksgiving was next week.

So much to look forward to too!
 
Yick. Winter. Gag.
 
Family issues make me not like holidays. We don't really celebrate them.
I like the cold up until about December 26th. After that, the novelty wears off and i can't wait for spring;)
 
Thanks for the encouragement!!! I'm excited about Christmas, but I hate the cold. Today it's cold down here...hehe in the low 70's high 60's!! Cool enough to make me wear pants and a long sleeved shirt! I know you're probably gagging right about now ;-)
 
Yes, you're right- you have to either hate Michigan or love Ohio State to care about my blog this week. :) The good news is, the game will be over tomorrow!!! Thanks for the comment!
 
I just noticed...you look so warm in your profile pic;)
 
Oh im just going to leave a thousand comments for you today...

4 down, 996 to go! :)
 
I adore your new layout, buddy!!! :D It's beautiful! :D
Have an awesome weekend!!!!! :)
 
Awww, you look absolutely beautiful in your new profile pic (ok every picture of you is gorgeous, but I love, love this one!!) And the new Christmas layout is great. Reading your post made me really excited about Christmas!! :)
I can't believe it's only *3 weeks* away!! Ahhh! It will be here in the blink of an eye. I am so happy for you and so excited that everything is coming together so well :)
 
RAAAIIIIDERRRRSSSS!!!!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers