Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wedding Bliss -

This morning has been...interesting. :) Ryan called me, as I was getting ready, at 6:30 this morning, saying he woke up late, and didn't have time to take the dog out. He is in a meeting as we speak up in Beltsville, MD, and absolutely could not be late for it. The guy who hired him, S., called him yesterday, noon-ish, to tell him that he will need to give a presentation, with the Regional Vice President in attendance, in today's meeting. Just lovely that S. gave him so much time to prepare! :-P

Poor Ryan. I told him that S. must have a lot of faith in him, to know that he will do well even with so little preparation. I've been praying for him about every 5 minutes this morning. Words of wisdom, give him peace, calm his nerves, etc etc.

Speaking of nerves, I sat behind quite possibly the world's worst driver this morning, who I will refer to from now on as "genius." Since I had to run by Ryan's apartment, I had to take a different way to work. You know those merge lanes that merge into lanes where cars are going normal speed, say, 55 or over? Well, genius decides to wait until the very last possible second, and darts in front of me, where she promptly slams on her brakes. Nice. Then I notice the single bumper sticker on her car, which reads : Drive Now, Talk Later, and depicts a woman with a cell phone. Let me tell you, I drive better when I'm on my phone, searching through my purse, and changing the radio station, all at one time, then genius does, ever. Every 5 seconds she was slamming on her brakes, despite the fact that the car in front of her was several car-lengths ahead of her, and not on their brakes. It was drizzling rain, a teeny tiny bit, and she's got her wipers on full-blast. Genius.

I've lived here all my life, and I've discovered that if you don't develop an extremely high tolerance for incompetent drivers, you will die before you reach 35. Because you will come across them every single day, numerous times. But every now and then, I just have to shake my head. Did I mention that I'm all for moving?? Okay, thanks. End rant. :)

Wedding stuff! I'm feeling much better today about wedding planning. It's funny, because I have all of these checklists--a 3-page checklist from the Reception Hostess, a 7-page checklist from the Reception Hostess, not to mention the checklists that I already turned in to the Events Coordinator, and to our pastor. I think they are just as much of a help to ME as they will be to them, as it is really quite helpful to have nearly every single, possible detail written down. Plus, they asked things that I hadn't even thought of yet, so I feel much better now.

I ordered the boxes for the centerpieces yesterday. I also noticed the big, cut-glass hurricane candle holder on my Mom's dining room table last night that would be perfect in the middle of the head table. I had been looking all over for one just like that. Our centerpieces, if you don't recall, are basically going to be like this:


Except we will have rose petals and votive candles surrounding it. The head table, I'm thinking, will have the big hurricane holder in the very middle, two smaller hurricane holders on either side, tons of rose petals, and more votives. Lots of rose petals, lots of candelight. That's the idea. :)

I also am working on our Reception playlist...Em is helping me out with getting mp3s for all of them, and then Ryan will need to give me his thumbs up/thumbs down for my song ideas. We still need to come up with a first dance song!

We have another session of premarital counseling tonight! Last session was on "the first submission", which dealt with what God calls husbands to do. This week is on what God calls wives to do. Did I mention how much of an amazing blessing counseling has turned out to be? Because, really, it's amazing.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! :)



7:11 AM

Comments:
everything sounds so beautiful....just like the bride! i'm glad your feeling better from "the bug" you had...hate it when i feel icky.....and the plans, the ring for future hubby..so cool that we all get to be a part of your life right now.......it all will be breathtaking i'm sure!
by the way, thanks for your sweet comments, and even sweeter prayers....made me cry....you have a great outlook...i'll get back to that....God's too good for me to stay down for long, thanks again for what you said...have a wonderful day! vincy
 
The centerpiece idea is so cute! We were going to do bamboo, but when we had the deployment scare and lost a month, we decided there just wasn't time and we didn't want to mess with it. We're going to use the centerpieces the hotel already has. Pretty simple, but they'll work out fine. Hope you're having a good afternoon!!!

Jess
 
Drivers here are the worst!!! I just really don't get it. Glad you got to work safely :-D

I hope Ryan's presentation went well. :D

Have fun at counseling! :-D
 
First of all... I love the centerpieces!!! They're so adorable, and so perfect for a Christmastime wedding. Your whole wedding, start to finish, is going to be so gorgeous. :)

Hope Ryan's presentation went okay, & boo to lousy drivers! Enjoy Thursday (since I'm posting this comment so late - sorry 'bout that!)... & oh yeah, I UPDATED!!!

.ashlee.
 
Beautiful! I love it! BTW - my email at work is funky.. I can receive things, but I can't send it all the time. Still no internet. UGH! :) Soon we can atleast email each other. Still praying for you.. miss talking to you like CRAZY! Love youuuuuuu!
 
Post a Comment


<< Home





 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers