Yesterday could not possibly have been any better.
For one? I got to put on my wedding dress. After my Mom and Em helped me get into it, (who knew it takes that many hands to put the thing on?!) I was shocked to see that it couldn't be more perfect. "What do you need me for anyway?" my seamstress, Angie, joked. She's going to do my bustle, and steam the dress--a grand total of $50, rather than the expected $100+. I've e-mailed the pictures to several of you guys already--if I forgot to send them to you, please let me know! I most likely just don't have your e-mail address. :)
After leaving Angie's, we went out to eat at Outback for an early birthday celebration for Em, whose birthday is next Thursday. Gooooood food. I wandered around the restaurant under the "I need to find the restroom" disguise, and got a group of waiters/waitresses to come out and sing Happy Birthday to Em. :) "What a sneak!" Em said, as they plunked down a bowl of vanilla ice cream with hot fudge topping in front of her. So much fun!
After climbing into bed, I got on the phone with Ryan. We proceeded to talk, and talk, and talk...for just under 2 hours. It felt like the early part of our relationship, when we were "long distance", all over again, when our phones might as well have been glued to our ears. We've come a long way. I didn't get much sleep, but oh how it was worth it. I can't wait to marry him.
Happy Friday! :)
** Just posted a new layout I whipped up, given that it is October and all. :) I'm not typically a huge orange-y fan, but the orange-hued pictures called for a matching orange-y theme. Mmm, fall! **
You found yourself the perfect dress! And you are a sneak! How nice! Frank and i can't talk on the phone like that. We're too busy or trying to do other things while on the phone with each other:(
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
8:01 AM, October 07, 2005
#
posted by Anonymous :
10:30 AM, October 07, 2005
That was the most awesome day!! :) I had NOO idea you weren't really going to the bathroom! lol :) I can't even describe how nice it was to spend the day with you and your mom :D I needed that!! :) LOVE YOU! :)
ps- How come the names are never capitalized here? lol :) I'm nuts, I know... ;)
OH SWEETIE! The invites are BEAUTIFUL! Our response is already in the mail!!!! hehe.. and your dress *sigh* oh babe! Its going to be perfect! Love you!!!!!!!!!
Hey. Just letting you know we got the wedding invitation today. It's so pretty. That's cool about your dress. You're gonna look so gorgeous! Have a good weekend!
it's so nice that you didn't need alterations! with my wedding dress it was the same way.....i put it on and it fit like it was made for my body.....drives the fact home that it's all so real doesn't it? tom and i started out long distance; so i understand the whole phone communication thing....neat that it still happens to you guys.....always keep that going!....awesome communication, in my eyes leads to a wonderful marriage....start now, and it saves many headaches later on! love the new look....fall is my favorite season! take care vincy
i remember when i saw my dress bustled the first time how i felt.. it was incredible. i felt so beautiful in it.. the way it bustled it gathered up silk roses on it in just the perfect places.. it was like being cinderella. : )
i love outback. their steak with blue cheese on top is so rich, but sooooo good.