Since I couldn't contain myself, Ryan already knows what his wedding gift is. Traditionally, a bride gets her groom a watch, or cufflinks, or some such thing, and gives them to him on their wedding day. While I'm very traditional, that won't be the case for this bride! Since Ryan already is getting a nicer watch than I could possibly afford from his company for his sales performance, and since I doubt he would've been too terribly thrilled with cufflinks, I stopped and asked myself: What would Ryan really enjoy?
Knowing Ryan, this wasn't a terribly difficult decision. So!
On November 6th, we are going to see...
VS.
Lower level, 20th row! My coworker has season tickets, so I snatched them up immediately! (Face value--can't get any better unless they're given to you)
Ryan was absolutely shocked! Neither of us have ever been to a pro football game, so it's really exciting! Of course, we'll be rooting for different teams... But I think it will be great to be able to look back on the experience, and be glad that we were able to share it together. Yes, it's a month and four days before the wedding, but I think that this is one area that we didn't have to be truly traditional in. I've already gotten two little gifts that he will be given on our wedding day, but as for the BIG gift, I wanted it to be something he'd truly love. Because I love him.
Ryan has concluded that I am pretty much the best fiance, ever. I couldn't be happier!
So, that's next weekend, and I am so excited. It should be a lot of fun! And, given the fact that my Redskins have had a really good season so far, it should be a good game! Be sure to look for us on ESPN!
Well, after our counseling session last night, (which was amazing) we were both STARVING, so we didn't stop to get my wedding band. So, I'm going to pick it up today after work! I can't wait to see how it looks. Yesterday was great when it came to wedding stuff, though. Our new boxes for our centerpieces came, (because our caterer told us that the old boxes needed to be about 2" smaller) and they look great! Ryan has offered to assemble them, and then I'll wrap them. I want to do a mock-up of our table arrangement to see how it will all look together. Also, our guest signature mat/frame was delivered last night! It is absolutely beautiful. Way prettier in person!
Well, I need to get back to work. Hope you all have a great Thursday!
HECK - I'd marry you if you got me tickets to see the Eagles!!!! :-P
Good wedding-related days rock ... I need one soon. Heh. :-\
Hope your day is going well!! :-D
#
posted by Anonymous :
11:41 AM, October 27, 2005
Such a great pratical gift! And you know he will enjoy it!!!
#
posted by Anonymous :
12:30 PM, October 27, 2005
so much fun!!! I wanted to get Juan tickets to see the Vikings ya but that wasnt happening because they never play near us..! Boo! well im glad things are falling into place have a wonderful day!