Yesterday was just a bad sports day. My Redskins were awful. No, I don't wanna talk about it. Eagles lost, too. Cowboys won. Need I really say more??
My Mom mentioned to me on Friday that she wondered when my bridal shower is going to be. I wasn't really too concerned about it before then, because I figured, if it's supposed to be a surprise or something, I should just stay out of it. But when my Mom mentioned something, I thought, well goodness, if she doesn't know anything about it, something's up! So, I talked to Em, who played all coy and innocent on the topic, and basically told me nothing. Haha. I told my Mom that it's apparently going to be a surprise, and she got all sneaky-like, too. Even Ryan seems to know something and won't tell me. Too funny.
The membership seminar this weekend was awesome, even though it was very time consuming. (Roughly 8 hours were spent at the church over the weekend.) All that's left is an interview with an elder next Sunday, and then we'll be presented to the congregation the Sunday after that. We made friends with a few couples over the weekend--even inviting one couple to the wedding! They got married last December--the week before we're getting married! How cool is that? We're going to get together probably within the next two weeks or so, and we're going to look through her wedding pictures! Good times. And they've invited us to come to their small group sometime. Most members of the church are involved in small groups, but we thought it was going to be a challenge finding a group of younger couples. Apparently not! God is good.
Oh, and Happy Halloween! Honestly, I don't understand getting real excited about Halloween. I mean, don't get me wrong, there are some perks! I've always enjoyed dressing up and eating, I mean, passing out candy... And of course I enjoy carving the pumpkin every year! But those are really the only fun aspects for me. Otherwise, it seems like a pretty dark holiday. I love seeing all the kids' costumes, though--especially the babies all dressed up as pumpkins and cute things.
We don't have a pumpkin carving kit this year, so I have no idea what I'm carving on our pumpkin this year. What are you guys doing?? The two times I've ever "free handed" it, I've done a howling wolf and a cartoon horse. I need ideas!
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
11:11 AM, October 31, 2005
Yes I am carving a pumpkin but I have no idea what because this wil be my first time actually carving it myself....I am hoping to have all digits intact tomorrow you be careful yourself!!
#
posted by Anonymous :
12:27 PM, October 31, 2005
I have a foam pumpkin that i have yet to carve...i might get to it by next year! Pictures of my coworkers costumes are up on my webshots too... http://community.webshots.com/user/mudwoman1326 We're all so tasteful;)
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
3:07 PM, October 31, 2005