If it wasn't apparent before, I am officially a full-blown, sappy, Bride-to-be. Just what exactly put me over the edge? My cell phone now plays the Wedding March each and every time the phone rings. Even those blasted you've-been-approved-for-a-mortgage calls are welcomed, because my new ringer makes me giddy. Ryan got a kick out of it. Really, though, I only get to enjoy this for a little while longer!
December 10th. That's really, really soon. I'm not stressing one bit, though. Most everything is under control, and if you know me, that's all I ask for. I just want to be on top of things, rather than underneath them. When it comes down to it, I'd rather be the one in control of things, rather than letting things control me. If that made any sense whatsoever. I think that's why checklists are key for me. People say, "you're so organized!" Well, honestly, it's the only way I can sleep at night.
My Dad is the sweetest, and I mean the sweetest. He's very sentimental, see. (hmm, wonder where I get it?) My Mom and I have been itching to watch Father of the Bride, given my impending nuptials, but my Dad has declined over and over, saying that he doesn't want to bawl in front of us. Well, he came home the other night and mentioned to me that he looked for the Father of the Bride DVD while he was at Target. Awww. I just adore my Dad.
Lots of things came in yesterday! My new shoes, (gorgeous!) and the boxes for our centerpieces came. Now we need to find some pretty, opal-esque paper to wrap them in. Also, my honeymoon things arrived! I didn't want to wait till a week before the wedding to buy things like that, so I figured I'd go ahead and get that out of the way. There are some things that my parents obviously aren't paying for...honeymoon, wedding party gifts, a small portion of the photographer's fee, ($300 for the high-resolution CD of ALL of our 600-700 wedding photos) not to mention our wedding bands, which were the biggest expense. Anyway, I didn't want to leave it all for right before the wedding. That'd be a lot of money all at once!
Even though this week flew by, I'm really ready for a weekend. I've been so busy, I feel like I've barely been able to breathe. I'm hoping that it will be a productive weekend, though.
Hope it's a great weekend for you all! Love you guys.
#
posted by mudwoman1326 :
1:31 PM, October 14, 2005
that was really sweet that your dad was looking for that movie at target.. (btw, LOVE target) did he find it? have you guys watched it together then yet? good movie. i bet he'll cry all the way down the aisle walking your beautiful self.. b/c he's so happy for you of course. : )
#
posted by Anonymous :
10:54 AM, October 16, 2005